I placed my order for the LSi9's

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by paulBAW, Jun 8, 2003.

1. paulBAW

paulBAW Stunt Coordinator

Well after months of comparing I decided to go with the Polk Audio LSi9's. It will take 2-4weeks to get them as I am buying direct from Polk. I never did quite like the SonyES setup I heard them on, but the speakers were good. If not underpowered. I still have that sense of audio snobbery in the back of my mind that creeps up and says your buying "big box speakers" even though this is an entirely different line from the R series found in big box locations. The sound is VERY different then the Polks I've heard at Big Box locations. And I have to come to terms with using my ears over hype. The Studio 40's and Energy Veritas 2.1's were very good competition but in the end my ears lead me to LSi9's.

I can't wait to get them in my setup. My NAD will do for now. The Sony SACD player should also make a difference. And who knows, maybe a few years from now, people will acknowledge LSi speakers like bang for the buck brands PSB and Paradigm. I remember rolling the dice 12yrs ago on a small company named PSB and buying my first set of Alphas for $199 CDN from a realitively unknown company. I used my ears then and I'm using my ears now. Thanks to this forum at least I know some people also like these speakers, and even though its my ears at the end of the day, its just nice to know I'm not alone. I'll let you guys know how they sound when I get them. Ciao for now.

2. Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas Supporting Actor

Congrats on the new speakers! You're going to luv-em! I just received my Lsi9's from a Polk Audio Forum member (used but still in mint condition!) I haven't had the time to do a rwal a/b comparison with my 15's yet, just to darn busy (A/C season is upon us!). Polk takes a beating by some because they do sell via CC, which is really unjustified. The quality of a speaker, or it's capabilities has nothing to do with where they are sold! Keep us posted!

3. Jeffrey_B

Jeffrey_B Agent

PaulBAW:

I have the LSi9, LSiC, and LSiFX (and SVS 20-39PC+) connected to my SonyES30 receiver. The Sony ES handles these speakers without problems. Make sure you set the switch on the back of the receiver to 4 ohms. JEFF