What's new

I picked up some Paradigms, how's this price sound? (1 Viewer)

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Hi

I have been working a part time job all winter to afford some Paradigms (and a few other things). I decided I had enough money to do some dealing, so I headed down to my local electronics shop. I was after some Monitor 7's, ADP-370's and a CC-370. The price started at $1925, but I got them down to $1307. Did I get a good deal or could I have got them a little cheaper? I specified I wanted all new, no display models and they had to be magnetically shielded. I can't wait to hear them in my theater with my SVS!

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Hi

I have been working a part time job all winter to afford some Paradigms (and a few other things). I decided I had enough money to do some dealing, so I headed down to my local electronics shop. I was after some Monitor 7's, ADP-370's and a CC-370. The price started at $1925, but I got them down to $1307. Did I get a good deal or could I have got them a little cheaper? I specified I wanted all new, no display models and they had to be magnetically shielded. I can't wait to hear them in my theater with my SVS!

Joe Mihok

Second Unit
I assume you're talking Canadian prices ? Anyways, you got a normal deal. I got the same setup now and it cost me almost exactly what you paid. Don't get me wrong, the price/performance is still amazing even if you didn't get a "super" deal. Enjoy the new setup!

Joe Mihok

Second Unit
I assume you're talking Canadian prices ? Anyways, you got a normal deal. I got the same setup now and it cost me almost exactly what you paid. Don't get me wrong, the price/performance is still amazing even if you didn't get a "super" deal. Enjoy the new setup!

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Frank, based on where you got them, you got a fine deal (are you from Omaha?). You probably could have gotten them cheaper somewhere else, but based on Paradigm's dealer network and the fact that there isn't a ton of competition in town you did fine.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Frank, based on where you got them, you got a fine deal (are you from Omaha?). You probably could have gotten them cheaper somewhere else, but based on Paradigm's dealer network and the fact that there isn't a ton of competition in town you did fine.

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I got them in Kearney , which has pretty much no competition in town. To be truthfull, I was thinking of spending around 1500 to 1600 on them. I was a little surprised when I got them down to 1300.

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I got them in Kearney , which has pretty much no competition in town. To be truthfull, I was thinking of spending around 1500 to 1600 on them. I was a little surprised when I got them down to 1300.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
What stores are there in Kearney? I just recently upgraded my home theater speakers and got not quite the same percent discount here in Omaha. They were Mirage speakers though.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
What stores are there in Kearney? I just recently upgraded my home theater speakers and got not quite the same percent discount here in Omaha. They were Mirage speakers though.

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I got my stuff at Video Kingdom (Paradigm, sony, etc). There is also a store called Russell's. They sell Boston, Bose & some others. If you want to look for deals in this area Grand Island has a Video Kingdon that is bigger and has better prices to start with. I used them as leverage on my dealings.

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I got my stuff at Video Kingdom (Paradigm, sony, etc). There is also a store called Russell's. They sell Boston, Bose & some others. If you want to look for deals in this area Grand Island has a Video Kingdon that is bigger and has better prices to start with. I used them as leverage on my dealings.

Schaffer's here in Lincoln also sells Paradigms, and they usually will work with you on the price if you spend the time to talk with the dealers. Video Kingdom also has another store in Hastings, but they don't offer nearly as much as the GI store (which I think is their original...it's the biggest of the 3 anyway). Of the stores I've been in, Schaffers seems to have the largest number of models on display and set up for listening, so when you're looking to compare, they're pretty good. You might also want to check out Stereo West in Omaha. I don't think they deal in Paradigms, but they do cut some amazing deals if you become a lasting customer and build a relationship with the sales staff. Sound Environment is great for higher end equipment, and Custom Electronics is also good for that, but I've found their sales staff to be on the rude or dismissive side occasionally unless you look like you're going to drop a ton of cash.

So that's my rundown of eastern Nebraska stereo stores. Hope you love your Paradigms. Years ago I got a Paradigm CC-300, ADP-150's, and the old style, non-tower Phantoms from VK in Hastings, and they all served me well for about 13 years until I just recently upgraded to some NHT Evolution speakers.

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I demoed speakers at Schafers in Lincoln. Pretty good place.

Aaron...you didn't happen to graduate from Hastings high did you? Your name sounds familar.

Bill Blank

Stunt Coordinator
20% off MSRP is the MOST anyone should ever pay for speakers from a B&M retailer. Speakers have the highest markup of anything in our hobby (cables a close second). The typical markup on speakers is 40-70% depending on the brand.

I paid @ $2500 for the following:
Paradigm Reference Studio 100v3
Paradigm Reference Studio CC-470v3
Paradigm Reference Studio 20v3

All were new (in fact had to be ordered in the finish I wanted). I was able to save about 40% off of retail.

Shop around, know the store's competition, and negotiate hard but fairly.

You seem to have done well. Enjoy your speakers.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks