What's new

I Picked Up Johnny Dangerously Today (1 Viewer)

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
My girlfriend is intent on sitting me down to watch this film (part of a movie exchange program we're running - I show her one she hasn't seen, she repays the favor).

Should I expect a "so bad it's good" experience, a genuinely funny film, or something in between?

--Jefferson Morris

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
If you liked Airplane and Top Secret, you should like this.
Interesting that your girlfriend is bringing this title to you. In my experience, this is one of those "guy" movies, that women think are dumb. Sort of in the same vein as the 3 Stooges.
In my case, I have taken my wife to see the last two Austin Power's movies. During the films, I note that most of the guys are bent in half laughing, about to pee themselves with snot bubbles coming from our noses. Most of the women are looking at their men thinking, where did I find this guy?
Of course, not all women are created equally, so you may just have one with a properly developed sense of humor :emoji_thumbsup:
Fargin Iceholes indeed!
BL

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
A few months ago we picked up the Weird Al music video DVD. One of the songs was, of course, "This Is The Life". I then-and-there promised to grab Johnny Dangerously the day it hit DVD.
Promised kept! :D

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
Of course, not all women are created equally, so you may just have one with a properly developed sense of humor
She's an unusual case - the kind of chick you can curl up with on a romantic Saturday evening for a viewing of Carpenter's The Thing.

I'm Gonna Git You Sucka was another one of her picks. She also showed me Vampire Hunter D, which probably marks the first time in history a female has coerced a male into watching anime.

She also frequently refers to people as "fargin iceholes." I guess I'd better hurry up and marry her.

--Jefferson Morris

P.S. For my part, I've showed her Heavenly Creatures and Schindler's List. The Age of Innocence and Crash are probably next.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks