What's new

I passed 6,000 posts. Do I get a T-shirt? (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Well, sure! An easy feat for someone born in 1974 who has been a member since 1969! ;) You can make numbers do anything! :laugh:

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it's a screwup. Some of us who ported over through all the formats, from Delphi to the Delphi Forum Online and so on got screwed up dates when the conversions kept going on ;) But I've been a proud member since late '95 is the earliest WinD script I can find of HTF.

*laugh* And in the early days of the forum, all that was mostly talked about were LD players and the like.

The most spirited debates involved things like Speaker Wire, why Turntables sounded better then CD, etc. :)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, we went through that :) I actually broke out WinD last night to look at some of the posts. There are a few members from the old days I really wonder what happened to, because damn, they were some funny, good people. :) What's funny is how often things would come up in that lists that you'd NEVER post on a board like this today; people posted phone #s and asked another member to call them :) And, strangely enough, it happened, and flames would stop because the two had spoken in person. Just funny that way.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Makes sense, really. I often think that communications problems between members would often improve if there was a way for them to communicate away from the e-page.

I always think it would be a trip to attend a Scooterpalooza or some such localized event to meet up with some of the HTF membership. I have met two HTFers who live near me and my perspective when trading posts with them is vastly different than the individual preconceived notions I have about the others (life yourself!). ;)

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Lee,

Send me your address and I will send you a copy of every new SA-CD released this month by Sony in recognition of your 6000th. ;)

J

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
"Send me your address and I will send you a copy of every new SA-CD released this month by Sony in recognition of your 6000th."

Better yet Justin, send me the MoFi releases for the past 2 months. I still don't have the McCoy Tyner SACD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks