What's new

I Paramount: A (hopefully) Pre-Emptive Request about the "DS 9" DVD sets (1 Viewer)

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
I had hope to have time to do more research before posting this, but it is clear that I will not any time soon, and time is marching on.
In Terry Erdmann's Star Trek: Deep Space 9 Companion, it is stated that footage of hand-to-hand combat scenes from DS9 episode "To the Death" (#95) had been cut for "excess violence" before broadcast.
For the upcoming transfer to DVD I, and hopefully many others, would like to see any and all footage restored to this episode that was removed. (A second choice is to have it included in a separate deleted-scenes section, or be "seamlessly branched", as they say.) In addition, I would like to see Paramount Home Video go a step further and restore (or include) all footage that was discarded by reason (pretext) of "unsuitability" for general tv broadcast, or because of time constraints.
I don't know what that other footage is and I haven't had time to research to find out what it is. Maybe others could chime in to provide on-line or hard-copy sources of that information.
I assume the time is NOW to press for this, since the production of the DS 9 sets may (or may not) be under way already.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
And please, the last 3 seasons SCREAM for commentaries! Please please please give us plenty of extras on the most daring 3 seasons of Trek ever done!

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Commentaries during the course of the episode would be a very welcome feature. IMHO this sort of commentary should have been done with TNG. So Paramount let us go the extra mile with extras on DS 9.

Dave Simkiss

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Simkiss
Even text commentarys would be a major plus, I found Micheal Okuda's text commentarys on The Motion Picture and Wrath of Khan to be very interesting and I look forward to reading more. The inclusion of such special features is a must, with the rise of recordable DVD some people may just record episodes off terrestrial TV rather than pay out for featureless disks.

Not that the features on the ST-TNG disks havnt been enjoyable so far, but of course more is always better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks