What's new

I Ordered the LG 65UH8500 Yesterday (1 Viewer)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Hey Johnny- does your TV display PAL video? Since you have an Oppo player it should be easy to tell even if you don't have any PAL format discs, just set the 93's video format to "PAL" instead of "NTSC" or "Multisync". If you get a picture then your TV supports it, and if you don't then it doesn't. Reason I'm asking is because LG TVs have typically supported PAL, and my 75-inch 8500 model does, but I've heard that SOME 8500s in the US do not. I'm wondering if that's determined by screen size or if my TV is some sort of fluke.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hey Johnny- does your TV display PAL video? Since you have an Oppo player it should be easy to tell even if you don't have any PAL format discs, just set the 93's video format to "PAL" instead of "NTSC" or "Multisync". If you get a picture then your TV supports it, and if you don't then it doesn't. Reason I'm asking is because LG TVs have typically supported PAL, and my 75-inch 8500 model does, but I've heard that SOME 8500s in the US do not. I'm wondering if that's determined by screen size or if my TV is some sort of fluke.
My LG OLED 65E6P supports PAL as I changed the settings on my Oppo 93 to PAL and then played a Region B DVD with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks