What's new

I opted for a PS2 (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well I thinned a few disks from the collection, turned in a few DC games I no longer played and I found myself with enough scratchfor a new console. I was mightily swayed toward an XBOX, but decided to go PS2. The sheer amount of great games already out for the PS2, (At discounted prices I may add) and others coming really made my mind up. Plus I'm still feeling burned by the fact the DC is $49 now and a dead system. I'm just not sure bout XBOX, but the PS2 is definately here to stay. Picked up MGS2 and NFL2K2 and here I GO !

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I had a PS2. I felt burned when it kept sending interlaced graphics to my set.
I still have the DC and play the hell out of it. Eventually my Xbox might get as much attention. :)
Anyhow, the PS2 is a great choice for many (most?) people right now. Have fun.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
What do you mean by interlaced. I have noticed the PS2 has not a great image hooked to my 65807, it's dark. Is there any way to tweak a better Pic. I still have to get a S Video Cable.

Joe michaels

Second Unit
The PS2 is a fine choice despite all the new systems. It's just coming into it's own with some really good games.

Andre F

Screenwriter
The PS2 has a great selection of games right now. I couldn't be happier with mine.

-Andre F

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Dave,
Get an S-video ASAP. You also picked up two very high quality games. Now do yourself a favor and pick-up a copy of Grand Theft Auto 3. ;)
-Dean-

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
For my PS2, I bought 5 games in the last two months and I don't regret getting any of them. Plus, in the Scootplex, its the greatest thing I have ever experienced (until I get an X-Box and hook it up with the HD pack and play some second gen games for it).

Peter_A

Second Unit
Screw the S-Video. If your TV has component in, get a component cable!

And enjoy MGS2, the best game on any platform at the moment.

Youssef

Stunt Coordinator
I also purchased a ps2 last night with MGS2, GTA3, GT3, and Devil May Cry. I bought the component cables as well. Now i have the new 20 inch flat screen panasonic tv and it has component inputs. I hooked up the ps2 last night and GOD DAMN Was i BLOWN AWAY by the amount of detail and vivid colors that was displayed on my set. I then switched my cable to the composite one ( to see how much of a difference there would be) and it was like day and nite! LITERALLY! If you have a DC, PS2, XBOX, OR GC then the first thing you should buy right after you purchase the system is at least an s-video cable if not component cable. Trust me, you do not know how much your missing.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
My set is a Mits 65807. It has one Hi Def Inputs and I believe 2 component inputs so I'll see if I can pick up a pair of component cable tommorrow. My problem is the brightness of the set. It looks marginally OK for football, but it's way too dark to notice the highlights in a game like MGS, I'm concerned with turning the brightness up too much and casuing Burn in. My other solution is go to an old 20" Sony I have but then It only has Composite inand I lose the 5.1. audio.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps the component input you are using needs some calibration? You may want to see if your DVD player looks the same when using those component inputs.

(I don't know much about the tweaking of the Mits, so this may be an invalid question)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Dave,

MOst PS2 games have a brightness setting in the video options. I am not sure if 2K2 does, but I am pretty sure MGS2 does.

-Dean-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks