What's new

I never thought of this, Denon 2802 or outlaw 1050? (1 Viewer)

Kyle_Y

Stunt Coordinator
I never really considered outlaw. It says it only puts out 65x6 and doesn't have PLII or DTSES DISCRETE. I mostly was looking into the Dneon 2802 or Yamaha 1200, but what do you guys think, can the Outlaw actually be better than the 2802?

J

John Morris

Kyle: I think it depends what you want and what speakers and system you already have...?

Let me know, and I'll give you an answer.

Michael Botvinick

Stunt Coordinator
Kyle,

I went through the exact situation recently. I had been running a Kenwood that was "rated" at over 150 watts per channel in pro-logic (it was there top-of-the-line product). I am running Def Tech. speakers that are 92db sensitive. So it will very depend on your speakers. When I bought the Outlaw and tri-wired/tri-amped the Def Techs to it, I was blown away! I knew I made the right choice at that point. Movies never sounded so good and neither does the music (I am a wanabe musician and my wife thinks I am a music snob, translated I guess that means I know what good qualoity sound when I hear it. The remote control is not the greatest but it gets the job done and the backlight on it is great. The unit weighs alot and needs ventilation. The $500 price tag needs to be compared to units that costs way over $2000 from Yamaha, Dennon, Onkyo and Kenwood Sovereign and Pioneer Elite. Email me if you want more advice.

Aloha,

Michael

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Kyle,

If DTS-ES Discrete and DPL II are that important to you, get the Denon and don't worry about it. If you are concerned about power and will not be adding external amplification, get the Denon. If you will be adding external amplification and are not that concerned about having DPL II and DTS-ES Discrete, go with the Outlaw. One thing to take into considering is how much shipping would be to Hawaii.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks