What's new

I need your help - searching for a theatre play (1 Viewer)

Susanne

Auditioning
Hi!

For several days I am searching for a theatre play, but I could not succeed, yet! That is why I need your help and mainly the reason why I am here, why I have found this forum - a really great forum, very professional.

All I no is:

The play is called 'Streams of Consciousness'.

It is written by Micheal Terry Weiss in 1992.

It is produced by Beth Henley, the Pulizer Price winner, who wrote 'Crimes of the Heart'.

As far as I know, the premier was directed by Micheal T. Weiss himself.

It was played the first time (and probably more times afterwards) in the MET Theatre in Los Angeles.

On October 25th, 1996 Micheal T. Weiss said the transcript had not been published, yet (in a NBC Live Chat).

Well, I know it is very difficult to find it, if it is published, but I - and (I am quite sure) all the other 'fans' - we are very interested in reading his play. Maybe somebody of you has good contacts, you know what I mean!?

If somebody is able to get the transcript, please let me know what I/we have to do, if there are any terms!!!!

WKR Susie

Susanne

Auditioning
There is one more thing I know...

There was a review of the play in the L.A. Times Newspaper (Arts and Entertainment section) on September 25th, 1992.

The play was performed at the MET Theatre until October 10th.

WKR Susie

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I don't think it's a published play. While I found several Internet references to it, Samuel French, the world's largest dealer of published plays, does not have a listing for it or its author, and the Los Angeles Public Library has no listing, either. So, it was either never published or it is long out of print. I'd guess the former.

All I can recommend is looking up Michael T. Weiss' address on the Internet and writing him a letter, asking for a copy of the play.

Susanne

Auditioning
THANK YOU VERY MUCH Brian for helping!! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :D This is so nice of you!! ;)
And you really think I just should write him a letter and asking him directly?! I'm not sure whether it's a good idea - well, I guess I'm a little bit afraid!?! :b
Bridget Petrella from the Up Beat Magazine - maybe you know or have heard of her - gave me the hint to write Micheal T. Weiss' agent or perhaps his personal publicist! What do you think about it? I don't have any clue where to look for an (e-mail) address of both!! Do you know where I could find it?
Well, I can only repeat myself, thank you very much for your help!! ;)
WKR Susie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks