What's new

I need Yamaha DSP-E492 or something better?? (1 Viewer)

SteveSpoon

Stunt Coordinator
Hello: Currently using a Yamaha DSP-E492 for my processor. Have a Yamaha M-80 amp and C-80 Preamp as well. My 492 is really starting to act up (ie, not working correctly), so debating whether to get it fixed, swap it out with another one (if I can find one), or something similiar to replace it with. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Steve

Kevin_R_H

Stunt Coordinator
Hello Steve.

I also use the 492 in my main system. I haven't seen many more pieces like it - a HT integrated amp that only powers the Center and Rears (it must be used with a stereo power amp to power the Mains).

You really have two choices (assuming you only want to repace the 492):

1) buy a HT Receiver up to whatever quality level you are looking for. Use its "Main PreOuts" to connect to the C-80 just like you 492 does.

2) buy a HT pre/pro to do your signal processing. Buy a 3-channel power amp to power the Rears and the Center.

Personally, I KNOW I would go with option (1). It wouldn't make a lot of sense to spend more money on amps driving you Centers/Rears than you have invested in driving your Mains.

Good luck,
Kevin

P.S. - I hope my 492 doesn't give out anytime soon - I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks