What's new

I need websites showing differences between widescreen and fullscreen!! (1 Viewer)

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
I'm surrounded by co-workers that I'm REALLY trying to convert from fullscreen to widescreen, so if anyone has some sites that give excellent picture differences. Please help - don't let me be the only one!!

Thanks
Jon

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
As it's been mentioned before, widescreen.org is superb for examples. The specs for different widescreen processes aren't 100% correct (see www.widescreenmuseum.com for technical stuff), but it makes the point.
On my website @ http://cztoodb.tripod.com/ , I have a gallery of P&S vs. widescreen pics from Around the World in Eighty Days. While the images are distorted sometimes (I couldn't fix it at the time), the point is to show how much is missing from the frame.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Widescreen photos should have the black bars. It's a no brainer for Joe Six pack to prefer those longer pictures with the black bars removed. IMO, it's not a true comparison with them taken out.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks