I Need to solve this problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Scarpa, May 17, 2002.

1. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

Apr 8, 1999
    David Scarpa
    Here's the issue last year I set up my Two Direct TV dishes last year. One points at the standard Sattellite and one is pointing at the Hi Def Bird.

At that time I bought a 22khz switch pluged the two dishes into it and it into my DTC 100. I immediately did not receive the Hi def dish. Whereas individually plugged into the DTC 100, the Hi def input gave me an 80 on the signal strength meter, when plugged into the switched it dropped the strength to 39 and did not display the picture because of the weakeness of the signal. I tried 2 of the same switches from the mail order place and got the same result. Since then I've been switching the RG6 cable by phsically unplugging one from the DTC 100 and swapping it with the other. I want to get this solved thou. Has anyone had this happen? And does anyone have a link to a good source of switches? And finally is there any other way of doing what I'm trying to do. Any help anyone can give me is appreciated.

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Aug 22, 2000
    There are hundreds of places on the web to buy switches. There are a lot of switches at PE. I've read a lot of good things about the JVI/Trunkline models.
    It sounds like you need a powered switch because each individual dish works fine. There's just a problem when you add the switch. Do you have long coax runs from the dish to the receiver?
    Are you going to add a third dish for Showtime