I need to setup an auto reply

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

I'm going to put an ad in a paper and I need to leave an email address that will send a fairly lengthy auto reply. I won't leave my computer on 24/7 so it's going to have to be from a service like Yahoo but Yahoo themselves only give you 10 lines. Hotmail doesn't have such a thing at all.

Any suggestions here?

Thanks!

Jeff

2. Jeff Lehr

Jeff Lehr Stunt Coordinator

I did a quick Google search for "email auto reply", and came up with a few things, but nothing on the web that appears to be free.
    There is a service that will do it for $11.50 a month:
    IS&C
    If you're using Outlook 2000, you can download the trial version of ReplyMate
    Otherwise, it looks like the cheapest way to go would be to use Eudora 5.2 , set up another email account, and create a mail filter for auto-reply. Of course, this would require you leave the computer on.
    Eudora Auto-reply setup
    Sorry I couldn't find more for you.
    If you find another solution, I'd be interested in knowing about it.
    JL

3. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

Jeff, thanks a lot! If I could find a service that has a yearly rate, I'd do it. Anyway I'll check out what you found and I'll keep looking myself.

Jeff

4. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Jeff,
    What sort of ISP do you have? If your ISP allows you to enter a vacation message (most that are running on UNIX platforms do), then you might be all set.