I need to make a career change....

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Danny Tse, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

2. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

Hrmmmmmm I wonder how you get to be a skycap.

3. andrew markworthy

I can think of one more:

the restaurant critic (just how difficult is eating a meal on expenses?).

4. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

*sing-songy* Sounds like someone is jealous... *end sing-songy*

The only thing I have to say about the article is: That's just the way it is. Make the effort and work smart, and you too can be rich. That's what I love about a free economy like ours -- if you have the discipline and courage to make it on your own -- there's no ceiling for your success. The sky is the limit as to how far you can go -- in wealth and success. The tone of his article is rather cynical, and I can see where he's coming from. However, his last line cinched it for me: "If only we were all so fortunate."

Hello! Everyone *IS* that fortunate. All anyone has to do is put in their fair share of effort and diligence, and money can be flowing from all ends. IF money was a serious desire for this man, he wouldn't be sitting down and complaining about it through such a medium.

I know I may seem a little angry, or a bit obsessed; but that's the way I feel. People need to take responsibility for their lives and go where the money is: not complain about it. If this guy seriously wants to make money, then he needs to stop complaining and start doing. I am seriously tired of people complaining, whining, and being lazy. I'm fed up with people blaming their own attitudes on others and bilking our health care system and making US pay for it!

Man, I'm so pissed off with what's happening in this country so far: first health care decides to call obesity an illness and reimburse everyone for their "medication" or treatments. Now we get people complaining that their station in life is not to their satisfaction instead of doing something about it. What next? People will sue the HTF for recommending they buy sweet delicious electronic equipment when it was their responsibility to control their spending? (begin English Accent) I bloody sure as hell hope not! (end English Accent).

I'm planning on seeing this guy on the other end of my five million (or more *wink*) dollars in about ten years. [​IMG]

5. andrew markworthy

Er, no, that's not what's being argued. I think this article touched a raw nerve in you. You're not in one of the occupations listed are you?

6. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Cinematographer

Ahh, Brian, to be so young and naive again...[​IMG]

The use of the word "fortunate" was also cynical. Dishonest is much more accurate, and likely what he meant, given the tone.

See my thread about my podiatrist. You, apparently, find that sort of behavior perfectly acceptable, desirable even. I, on the other hand, find it deplorable, and worthy of punishment, and perhaps a healthy dose of Karma.[​IMG]

I'm doing just fine financially. Probably better than the majority of this board. So, that isn't the source of my discontent. I lament the dearth of integrity.

Todd