I need to get an ATX case but...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrianShort, Feb 7, 2003.

1. BrianShort

BrianShort Supporting Actor

... it seems like every online store charges an arm and a leg to ship to Alaska... NewEgg has the best rate I've found so far, $38 for FedEx 2day... the only place I've found that would ship USPS rips you off (shipping was listed as $60)...

Does anyone know of a place that sells cases, ships via Priority Mail, and doesn't rip you off on the shipping charges?

2. Tekara

Tekara Supporting Actor

not really, because the only places that won't charge extra for shipping out of the 48 states is a local place that will charge you sales tax.

3. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

No, I don't agree. Go back to the vendors that you looked at and email them and explain where you are. Some companies don't realize that it is so much higher to ship there. They might reconider.

Glenn

4. Tekara

Tekara Supporting Actor

well the main problem is that it's not the vendor that charges more it's ups and fedex that charge more for shipping outside the continuous states. since ground shipping isn't a viable option for shipping to the outside regions of the us the package must be flown there.

5. BrianShort

BrianShort Supporting Actor

Which is why I think more vendors should offer Priority Mail as an option. I will email newegg and see if they could make an exception, but I doubt I'd get a respons right away, since it's the weekend.

BTW, I did twist the switch, LED, etc. wire plug around so just the wires and pins for the power switch lined up... This time all the fans came on, but nothing further (like the original problem I had)... I'm hoping it's just because I didnt have that plug plugged in correctly, and the motherboard wont power all the way on if something is plugged in incorrectly.