I need to contact Paramount to exchange a disc

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin P, Feb 5, 2002.

1. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

About 3 weeks ago I purchased a new, sealed copy of "Til There Was You" at Best Buy. When I brought it home and opened the package (all the shrink wrap and security stickers were in place), instead of a DVD there was a blank PNY 80-minute CD-R inside the package (forum regulars may recall my thread in Software about this).

Best Buy refuses to exchange the disc, telling me that I need to deal with the manufacturer (Paramount) to get this resolved. I went on the website and found an email link, but when I tried to send an email, it bounced with a "file too large" error (my email was under 2K in length!) There is no phone number on the DVD case or on the web site.

So, does anyone have contact information for Paramount Home Video that can address this? Thanks in advance!

KJP

2. Colin Davidson

Colin Davidson Second Unit
    Supporter

Kevin,
    Found this email address while briefly looking through Paramount's Website.
    [email protected]
    Someone else will probably be able to provide
    a mailing address/phone number.
    Colin

3. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

I tried that address, and it bounced with the "file too large" error. I might try it again tonight, maybe the mailbox was full or something.

KJP

4. Martin Blythe

Martin Blythe Second Unit

Send me a private e-mail and I'll handle it. Kind of startling! I'll certainly look into it as well.

5. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

Martin, I sent you a PM, you have your email hidden in your profile. When I get your address (feel free to email me) I'll forward the message I tried to send to Paramount to you.

Thanks!

KJP

6. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

Martin, I have a scratched Star Trek:TNG Season 3 Disc 1 which I am not able to play. This is the first time I've tried to play the disc. The rest of the set looks to be okay. Is there a way to exchange the disc for a new one?

Thanks for your time,

Daniel Kikin