What's new

I need suggestions on running wires (1 Viewer)

MrBiggz

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave
Greetings!

I just moved into a new apartment at have yet to set up my stereo or home theater systems. My plight is how to run the wire!

These things are out. In the walls, baseboards. I have about six feet before a wall then it takes a right turn after the turn is the door to the apartment and then three to four feet later is the area between the wall and the back of the couch. I just don't want a ganglion of wires floating around and am trying to keep it from looking tacky!

The door doesn't have much of a outstanding frame work. It's newer molding around it hence a lower profile.

Any help would be soooooooo greatly appreciated!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

KASR

Auditioning
Real Name
Aaron
You could run them high or low on the wall and then paint the cords to match the wall color. What gauge is the wire? Might consider running it under the carpet.

MrBiggz

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave

Carpeting. I can see the under the carpet option, but I don't know how to do it.

chuckg

Supporting Actor
As Wayne suggests, stuffing the wire between the baseboard and carpet might work. I've noticed that newer construction has the baseboards on before carpet is installed, with the board hitting the subfloor. So, you might not have any space there.

That leaves you pretty much with exposed wire, unless you can put on some wire molding, which just adds even more guck to your walls. There are little clips that you can stuff down between the baseboard and the wall, and then the wire fits in a space on the clip.

Oh well, time to get creative...

DBeistel

Grip
Real Name
Dan
The base molding should be 3/8" to 1/2" off the sub floor;so you maybe able to stuff the wires as Wayne suggest

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks