I need some serious Advice!!!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Christopher*KH, Dec 28, 2003.

1. Christopher*KH

Christopher*KH Stunt Coordinator

I recently purchased a Panasonic 47WX53 47" Widescreen HDTV at Best Buy and I was talked[roped] into buying the "4 Year Service Plan" ,here is the question Should I go back and refund the Service Plan or was it a good idea??? Honestly I am not sure regarding these TVs it is my first buy of one and don't know if I need the extra coverage. PLEASE Help. Thanx in Advance for any responses. Chris

2. Justin_T

Justin_T Stunt Coordinator

From experiences I've witnessed with friends regarding the "Service Plans", I've come to the conclusion it is just extra cash in the retailers pocket. Send in your one year warranty. I've noticed any problems you will have with the TV, if any, you'll have in the first year. Best Buy is horrible about their Service Plan. They know they've already got your money so when it comes time to repair your TV, you could spend months waiting on parts, new issues occurring, and anything else Best Buy finds. 2 friends have had TV's actually show up worse after it has been supposedly "repaired". It's cheaper to go with the 1 year warranty by the manufacturer and then if any problems do occur (rare) have the manufacturer come out and check it out. They will charge much less than the Service Plan. Just my two cents. Anyone with positive service plan warranties please do chime in.

3. Christopher*KH

Christopher*KH Stunt Coordinator

Thanx Justin for the response.
    I was beginning to worry that I wouldn't get any feedback.

I returned the "Service Plan" today. My idea for in the future when the time comes buy an extended warrenty from Panasonic.

Thanx Again and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and yours