What's new

I Need Some Opinions On Klipsch RC-7 Center Channel. (1 Viewer)

Al B. C

Supporting Actor
I'm thinking about changing my center speaker to an RC-7, so I would like to know what you think - good or bad.
Thanks. :)

Sebastien David

Second Unit
Very good, but it depends on what speakers you will be using with it.

I'm assuming you want to upgrade from an RC-3?

If so, the RC-7 is much manlier... bigger, bigger drivers, available in three finishes, better quality components, etc... just make sure your TV can handle it!

Al B. C

Supporting Actor

I'm using Klipsch Cornwalls for my mains and Polk RT1000 for my surrounds ( i just recently changed those from Polk f/x1000).

My present center channel is about a 4 year old Infinity that tends to get lost between those two big boys up front.

Gary W. Graley

Second Unit
I had the RC3 and up graded to the RC7, love it but as mentioned it is a hefty beast! Lucky for me I have a cabinet it rests upon, unlucky that I only have a 27" tv but maybe next year!

The RC7 has a high sensitivity rating and plenty of solid sound as well...my mains are the RF7s and I am using SB1s for rears at this time...since I can't hang any on the walls.

G2

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
The old Klipsch KLF-C7's are selling on ubid.com. They've been going for under $300. It's one of the best center channels I've heard regardless of price. It's another big center from Klipsch!

Henry_W

Stunt Coordinator
While there is a timbre difference with this center I hear folks rave about it matched with the heritage stuff. I use Heresy for main and sides, and put a heresy as center (actually ended up with two Heresy on their sides with tweeters in middle) and had a great effect. Asthetically it was not pleasing and a tad too big, but sounded great.

A heresy matches pretty well the timbre of the cornwalls (I believe some models have exact same sqwuaker and tweeter) and would be a good sound if you can pull it off.

Currently using an Acoustic Research that is far better than the Infinity I had before (a not bad solution). I am reengineering the wall to see if I can get the Heresy stuff back into play - probably take the tweeter and mid horn and package in a seperate box.

Al B. C

Supporting Actor
I thought about just buying 1 Heresy for a center, but I've seen people using them that way and they kind of look like ass sitting on top of the TV. (no offense please)
Needless to say the BOSS wouldn't go for that.:D

Henry_W

Stunt Coordinator
I have heard from someone that kept crossovers, tweeters and sqwuaker from Heresy and put in a more pleasing box for top of the set. All sounds good, except where do you get down to the bass management crossover - I assume some sort of cone, but haven't gone there.
Try your question at http://www.klipsch.com/index2.html
they should be able to give alot of help on there forum.

Doug Drake

Stunt Coordinator
Al - You COULD put the Heresy on the floor -- the riser base angles it up towards you so it should sound pretty good, if you have space under or in front of the TV.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks