What's new

I NEED SOME MAJOR HELP WITH HOOKING UP MY ENTIRE SYSTEM! (1 Viewer)

newbieboy

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan
OK HERE IS MY SYSTEM:
TV IS A JVC 48WP30 (LINK BELLOW IS BACK OF TV)
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-bLphmpX...&display=L#Tab

CABLE BOX IS: SCIENTIFIC EXPLORER 3250HD (LINK IS BACK OF CABLE BOX)
http://www.scientificatlanta.com/cus...ce/4005304.pdf

SOUND SYSTEM: BOSE 321 GSX (LINK BELLOW IS BACK OF SOUND SOURCE)
http://www.bose.com/controller?event...vd_photos#tabs

I ALSO NEED TO HOOK UP THESE 3 MORE COMPONENTS!!

1. XBOX 360
2. NINDENTO WII SYSTEM
3. PLAYSTATION 3

WHAT I WANT TO MAKE SURE IS THAT THE:
TV UTILIZES THE HD SOURCE AND SOUNDS THE BEST
XBOX 360 UTILIZES HD TECHNOLOGY AND SOUNDS THE BEST
PS3 WITH BLUE RAY UTILIZES HD TECHNOLOGY AND SOUNDS THE BEST
WII SYSTEM JUST NEEDS TO BE HOOKED UP THE BEST WAY ALSO?

IF ANYONE WOULD BE WILLING TO LOOK OVER AND GIVE THIS NEWBIE SOME GREAT INFORMATION AS TO HOW TO SET UP THIS MONSTER I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!!!

newbieboy

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan
HELP I DONT KNOW A THING ABOUT THIS STUFF AND DESPERATLEY NEED HELP BEFORE MY WIFE AND MY KIDS KILL ME? THEY ARE TELLING ME THAT I AM STUPID?? I NEED STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS OF WHAT TO CONNECT TO WHAT AND ALL THE INSTRUCTION MANUALS ALL TELL YOU 5 DIFFERENT WAYS TO DO ONE THING???

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Ok, first off, turn off the caps lock. It is considered yelling, so only use it when you would be yelling.

Now, your Bose unit only has component video out, none in, so you would have to hook up all your devices directly to the tv. You are going to need 4 sets of component cables. Hook the bose unit from the componnent out on the bose to the component in on the TV. That takes care of your DVD. Unfortunately, you only have 1 other set of component ins on your TV and HD requires at least a component connection (you can also hook up HD by HDMI or DVI, but you don't have those on the TV). So you have to get a component switcher with three inputs to run the X-Box, PS3 and HD-Cable box. This will require 1 more set of component cables + the switcher (like this at radio shack:RS Component switchbox).Hook up the PS3, the X-box and the HD-TV box using the switcher and component cables. That takes care of the video.

Hook the third gaming system to the composite (yellow video input 1,2, or 3) and hook it's audio up to the R/W left and right RCA plugs. That one is easy.

Now, the audio has to get hooked up to the Bose. You need to match up your digital audio outs on your games and HD-TV box to the digital audio ins on the bose. It looks like you have 2 coax (orange RCA plugs above the S-videos) and 1 optical (the little plug on the left next to the boselink). Hopefully, you have 2 coax and 1 optical outs on the stuff you are hooking up. If you do, you need 2 cheap video cables and 1 optical cable. Hook up the digital outs to the digital in and then see what you've got and get back to us here.

Hope this is enough to get you started and keep the family at bay for a while.:)

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks