I need some help with my Cinema 7+ One For All remote

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Parker Clack, Dec 29, 2001.

1. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    I just picked up a One For All Cinema 7+ remote and I am having trouble with programming it.

Following the directions (yes I read them believe it or not) I did the following.

1) Held down Setup until it flashed twice.

2) Entered 9 7 5

This is where it doesn't do what it is supposed to. Instead of blinking twice it just blinks once.

So because it doesn't blink twice after entering in 9 7 5 I cannot learn the code from my other remote.

I have looked at the links on the Cinema 7 remote from remotecentral and so forth but cannot find anything on this.

Also, does anyone by chance have the codes for Replay TV that I could use with this remote instead of having to learn them all?

Parker

2. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

Can't help you on the replay TV. But is it just one short blink or one long blink?
    If it's one long blink then memory is full and you are SOL. However I noticed in reprogramming my remote a couple of times that it doesn't do the greatest job of clearing memory if you assign something different to a key (even if you do the key clear stuff it doesn't seem to clear the memory). I had to do a complete reset on my remote and start over to get everything in.
    A complete reset is hold setup, blinks twice, enter 9-8-1. After this your remote is like it was out of the box.
    Don't know if this link is on remotecentral or not, but it has absolutely everything you need to know about the Cinema 7 (including memory numbers and tips to get more learn keys in than you are supposed to be able too):
    http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/faq.shtml
    I also strongly recommend that you make a file like this while you are programming the remote:
    http://dustin.bunnyhug.net/Dustin%20s%20Cinema%206.txt
    I have had the remote go blank on me after I accidently dropped it once. After a 981 reset and a repogram though it was fine. Took me several hours to get stuff back the first time sense I never made a file like that. The second time it happened it only took 10 min.

3. BruceD

BruceD Screenwriter

If you visit this yahoo forum (you need to register) they can explain everything about making a simple $6 cable to connect to your PC's parallel port and let you download a completely customized set of commands for the Cinema7 and RS remotes. All the software is available for downloading at that site. Took me two days to get things working.
    RS and Cinema custom
    I own the RS 1994 and have it controlling everything, including macros. I have the custom file on my PC and can download back to the remote anytime I loose it (less than 30 seconds).
    BruceD

4. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Guys:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I already knew about those places and was wondering if anyone knew anything instead of having to read thru all the messages.

I got all the commands loaded from my Replay TV remote except it will not work on the REW, PL, FF, Pause, Stop or Record buttons.

I really don't want to get into building the jumper cable and running the software. I was only looking to replace my Replay TV remote control and since the original is a Cinema 7 I thought that I could just learn from one to the other.

Oh, well. Since Sonic Blue took over Replay TV I couldn't find a replacement remote being made available. I will give them a call tomorrow and ask them if they have any such thing.

Again, thanks for all the suggestions and the help.

Parker

5. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer