What's new

I need some help please with some trilogy trivia. (1 Viewer)

ShawnCoghill

Stunt Coordinator
Juliet Binoche was in the 3 color Trilogy, but cant think of any other trilogys shes been in,,and many actors in Kevin Smiths new jersey Trilogy,there could possibly be someone in there who could be in another trilogy. Also the Monty Python Films,with Cleese, Idle,ect,,but I cant think of another Trilogy they have been in.Also the National Lampoons,with Chevy Chase,I know 2 of them at least had Eric Idle in them,I think,There could be a third,cant remember

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Jet Li has only been involved with one trilogy (Once Upon a Time in China). You need two trilogies to qualify...

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Jet Li has only been involved with one trilogy (Once Upon a Time in China). You need two trilogies to qualify...
Ooops, right. However, he still qualifies because he was in The Shaolin Temple, Shaolin Temple 2 and Shaolin Temple 3.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Ah-nuld

Conan trilogy (barbarian, destroyer, red sonja)
and soon
Terminator Trilogy

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
Chow Yun Fat qualifies if you count his cameo in God of Gamblers 2 (with Andy Lau and Stephen Chow). That would be the first God of Gamblers, that one, and the Return of the God of Gamblers and the A Better Tomorrow trilogy.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Michael Gough, Alfred in the recent four Batman movies, was in Olivier's version of Richard III, does that count? ;)

Chris Lock

Second Unit
Well, was "Olivier's version of Richard III" part of a trilogy, & did Gough appear in at least 3 of the films?
A lot of the posts seem to miss the point that the actor has to be in at least TWO series & at least THREE movies in each series. There are maybe hundreds of actors who fit one of those rules, but not both. Most of them are friends of Kevin Smith. :D
For example, what other trilogy besides Die Hard was Bruce Willis in? None that I know of, so he doesn't qualify.

Eric Thrall

Stunt Coordinator
You're right that some people are missing the point, but I think Iain was having a bit of fun with it...

Art Martinez

Stunt Coordinator
How about Clint Eastwood "Man With No Name Trilogy" and the "Dirty Harry" series. He has only been in one trilogy, but Frankie Faison was Barney the orderly in "Silence of The Lambs" and "Hannibal", but he also played Lt. Fisk in "Manhunter". I know that one doesn't help, but it is still a good piece of trivia. :)

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Yes, sorry Chris I was just being slightly silly and doing the old 'when did Richards I and II come out?' gag. It was that or mention Nigel Hawthorne being in both Richard III (the Ian McKellern one) and The Madness of George III, which seemed to be over-egging the pudding.

Anyway, I seem to have singularly failed on giving an original answer. Its a pity that Ackroyd and Ramis couldn't get Ghostbusters III off the ground, or you could have Sigourney Weaver on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks