What's new

I need some help......got to get rid of this weight. (1 Viewer)

Adil M

Supporting Actor
Your last line kills me.
It's why I readjusted a bit when it came to my excercise and eating habits.
Good Luck.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
I also had been gaining weight slowly but surely there for a while.

In June I said enough with this and I started really watching what I ate during the weekdays, and I started walking 1 hour a day.

I have since quit walking but I am still watching what I eat during the week.

I wake up and have a bowl of Raisin Bran and a glass of orange juice.

I have a muffin bar at my first break at work.

I have one peanut butter and jelly sandwich and another muffin bar at lunch.

Then I ate a normal dinner after work and drink 2 beers.

I was hovering around 175 pounds in June and this weekend I tipped the scales at 155. I still have a ways to go before I'm happy but it will come in time. I'm 5"11 btw.

I eat whatever I want on the weekends but I try to keep it under control. I could lose a bunch of weight if I gave up beer but I'm too big of fan of the Doppel Bocks and the Stouts of the world.

What helps me is that at work I am very discplined because I know when I go home I can have whatever I want to eat, but because I was disciplined in the first place I'm not eating as much in general.

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
It could be worse, good buddy. You could be like me. 5'11", 270. Too much travel and junk food.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
I was down that road too, LaMarcus. I was always really skinny (6' 155 lbs) until I hit age 21. Last May, I tipped the scales at 225 lbs. To remedy that I cut my caloric intake to 2000-2100 cal per day with a cheat day on Saturday. I used www.fitday.com to track my food intake and kept my macronutrients (carbs, fats and protein) to 40/20/40% in that order. I also lift weights three days a week. I now weigh in at 200 lbs and 19% body fat. Thats with no cardio. My goal was to lose 1-2lbs of fat per week and I'm right on schedule. Check out John Stone's website. He's a member here at HTF and his site is loaded w/good info. Its like the HTF for losing fat. Good luck!

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Do like I did. Go to Poland for a week. Eat the local food. Catch recurring intestinal disorder and go from 195 to 175 in about a year. Go through a series of horrible tests and find out 2 years later that travelling to Eastern Europe is not good for you. Breathe sigh of relief you don't have cancer and proceed with life.

Not the easy way, but I ate like a horse and still lost 20 lbs (of course at 6'1"/195, I did not need to lose 20 lbs).:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks