What's new

I need some affirmation (1 Viewer)

MarkHendrickson

Auditioning
I finally registered here after a month or two of lurking around. The advice and constructive criticism I've seen in this forum have continued to draw me back here day after day. So here I go, my first time off the bench -- so be gentle!

I've recently resolved to develop a hobby to get me out of the office more often so getting into home theater has become a new obsession. I suspect that my "ear" is relatively unsophisticated when compared with some of you life-long fanatics but I am racing to catch up.

The contributions here and reviews have facinated me especially in regards to the direct selling manufacturers. Yesterday, I placed an order with Diva for a pair of 6.1s, R3s, 2.1s and the C3 (mid-May delivery), I hope that my new pair of SVS CS+ 16-46s with Sampson ship today, and I've been on the waiting list since December for the Outlaw 950/750. I have a Middle Atlantic rack and all of the toys for it in the mail.

My wife and I are at about 80% home theater in the usage of our existing system which includes a Dell dual-processor HTPC (Audigy/Radeon 8500) and Mitsubishi LVP-X70U projector. I am replacing an older Yamaha receiver, Klipsch sub, Kef Q75s, and two Kef Reference 100s. Everything is set up in a typical "family room" approx 25 x 18 x 8 with a horseshoe of couches.

My question to the jury: Is there a significant chance that I will regret replacing the Kef Q75s and the 100 centers? I wanted to complete a 7.1 with Kefs but the $$$ required caused me to reconsider.

I'd appreciate any other advice or suggestions that may occur to some of you. I have the "green light" from my understanding wife but I suspect that it is only a window of opportunity to indulge in some excess.

Mark

Eujin

Supporting Actor
I don't think any regret is in order--the Divas have, as you've obviously noted, been very well received by many. If they don't live up to your expectations, you can send them back and look for something else (you'd be out the shipping costs, but that's the price you pay for an in-home audition). This is of course assuming that you've held on to the KEFs in the meanwhile. Just let your ears make the decision. Good luck!

MarkHendrickson

Auditioning
I've read through several of the threads here in the forum looking for anyone that made the switch from Kef Qs to the Divas.

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone that made that switch or at least did a A/B audition.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks