I need some advice..

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris_MJ, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Chris_MJ

Chris_MJ Agent

I am having a calibration done on Monday and I have the option of having the protective screen removed. I have a Toshiba 50H82. My question is what are the advantages and disadvantages? Will the image be greatly improved? has anyone had this done?

2. Manuel Parrado

Manuel Parrado Stunt Coordinator

I have a RPTV with protective screen.
    In my case, I need it because I have little children.
    If you have none, you might consider removing it because contrast will be better. You see the way you have it right now, part of the light that leaves the screen is reflections on the prot screen from ambient lighting.
    If you remove it, all the light will come from the CRT's and contrast will be better overall.
    On the other hand, the screen provides protection against scratches and is easier to clean.

If you don't anticipate children for a long while and think there is little likelyhood of braking the lenticular screen or scratching, then remove the prot screen. Otherwise, leave it on.

3. Jimmy vb

Jimmy vb Stunt Coordinator

I would remove it unless you have children or animals that threaten it--or you have wild parties that subject it to beer and salsa being hurled at it.