What's new

I need some advice. What should I do with my new XBR910? (1 Viewer)

Danny Beck

Stunt Coordinator
I've had the tv for a couple weeks now and I absolutely love the picture. I'm just having a problem with one thing. The geometry! I've done lots of research and i've done many tweaks in the service menu now only to realize that there is basically no way for me to get my geometry perfect on this set. I've heard others talk of the geometry on their XBR910 being "perfect" out of the box but mine was certainly not that way. I've got bowing at all four corners when watching 2:35 movies. It's not severe but certainly noticable on all four corners. I have done all I can do and yet I see little or no improvement. I've also been told by ISF calibrationists that some geometry problems cannot be fixed at all. At this point I have a feeling mine fit into that category. :frowning:

So, here is my question?

Should I call the store I bought it from and tell them I want a new set? I didn't complain when the delivery guys scraped a corner while delivering it but maybe I could throw that into my arguement. Or, should I adjust the overscan to hide the problem as best I can? I know, that doesn't sound like a nice option but I almost feel it may be the best one right now. I know i'd get a fight from the store to return it but I also think it might be worth the effort if I got a new set out of it. :)

Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks.

Dan

Dan Stone

Stunt Coordinator
I'm no expert, but as I understand it all flat screen direct view sets have some geometry problems (although some are much worse than others). I've read several posts by Michael TLV where he mentions these geometry problems, such as this thread:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=166148

Perhaps he will see this thread of yours and chime in here with more info for you as he truly is an expert at this kind of thing.

Hope this may help.

Danny Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I after trying again to tweak the geometry last night I decided to make the phone call to my local store. After a little pushing by me they agreed to deliver a new 34XBR910 this Thursday. :D So, now i've got my fingers crossed that I get a perfect unit. As long as the geometry is no worse than the one I already have i'll be fine. :)

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks