What's new

I need resistor values for PE 250 watt plate amp :) (1 Viewer)

Jim A. Banville

Supporting Actor
Like a fool, instead of testing out the deafault NO BOOST setting on my Parts Express amp, I switched the resistors to give a rumble filter starting at 21Hz (I'm using a vented Shiva). I want to go back to the default resistor settings. I switched R26 to 39K and R27 to 150K. I need to go back and make R26=56K and R27=120K. Problem is that I made another dumb move by mounting the new reisitors inside the sealed preamp section. Therefore, I'd like to just add some resistors in parallel with R26 and R27 on the outside of the pre-amp cicuitboard. Can someone tell me what values to use? I know there is a math formula, but I always sucked at math and don't want to screw anything up with the wrong values. So, math geeks, please don't flame or belittle me :)
thanks
Jim

Rick Guynn

Second Unit
OK, after some checking on my own math, you are out of luck on the first one (R26).
On the second, you could do it with a 600k resistor.
Since you are probably going to have to open it up to fix R26 anyway, you might as well just stick the original values back in.
Sorry.. :frowning:
RG

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Did you find the rumble filter at 21Hz to be detrimental?

When you parallel resistors together, you can only make the final resistance value smaller, not larger (this is what Rick was alluding to).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks