1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

I need reproducable images from movies showing California destruction.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jack Briggs, Mar 8, 2002.

1. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Last week or so, I asked for help in naming some popular films that show California landmarks being demolished. It was for a story I was writing.

Well, the story is running in the issue being worked on now. And the next challenge I face is finding appropriate artwork for my editor.

Since ID4 is a "hook" I use in the story's lead, I left several messages at Fox's press-relations department that so far have gone unanswered. So, are there any images available of the scene where the 77-story Library Tower in downtown Los Angeles gets blasted?

What about good, reproducable images from It Came From Beneath the Sea? I remember seeing production stills of that tentacled appendage wrapping itself around SF's Golden Gate Bridge.

And what about images from The War of the Worlds, which is set mostly in Southern California?

Any of you have PDFs of these sorts of images? They need to be of reproducable, printable quality.

Thank you so much for any help.

2. Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese Producer

Peter Apruzzese
    Jack:

I don't have ID4, but I do have War of the Worlds and the trailer to It Came from Beneath the Sea (on one of the Harryhausen DVDs). I could take high-resolution frame-grabs on my PC from those discs. Let me know and we can work out what images you want and where to send them.

Pete (contact me by e-mail if necessary)

3. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

Jack,

Off topic, but when the article get's published, do tell what magazine (or if it's on the net, a link) you can find it in, if it's not that hard.