What's new

I need recommendations for mushy tearjerkers (1 Viewer)

Chris Sigua

Stunt Coordinator
Come on Star Trek Fans, where are you guys? :D If you are a fan, ST II: The Wrath of Kahn when
BTW, has anybody seen the girl that Ralph Macchio gets in the second installment in ANYTHING since?.
It's been awhile, but she was in "The Joy Luck Club".

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
Here's some more.
0792833260.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

It's not really a tear jerker until the end.
B00005B4BI.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

0790742055.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

These 2 are very emotional-comedy movies, but mostly women will cry when seeing these.
6305327033.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
6305803781.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Jeff_P

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Scooter about Simon Birch. I usually laugh when my wife starts crying during movies but that one gets me all choked up too.

Jeff_P

Ellen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ellen
Very interesting group of suggestions. I am surprised by the number of people mentioning Somewhere in Time. It's been quite a few years since I've seen this. I don't remember what in it would evoke tears. Can somebody remind me what happened?
There is one point in the movie where if you don't have tears streaming down your face, I am not sure that you have any emotions at all.
Is this the one with Tony Hopkins and Debra Winger? Very good movie. A little slow at some points but once you get to that spot, better have the box of Kleenex handy.
I'll also agree on votes for Steel Magnolias and Terms of Endearment.
A title I've not seen mentioned is Gary Sinise's version of the John Steinbeck classic Of Mice and Men.
I'll mention another Douglas Sirk movie soaper from the 50s Imitation of Life. Don't think it's on DVD yet, though.
I think Dead Man Walking and Leaving Las Vegas brought forth a few tears too.

Derrick_Ellis

Stunt Coordinator
I'll have to second Tom Johnson's nomination for 'The Champ'. I think I was about six or seven when that movie came out and it made me cry like the little kid that I was.

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
Action film with strong emotions;

Leon: The Professional

Comedy with strong emotions;

Chasing Amy

Planes, Trains, & Automobiles

She's Having A Baby

Drama with strong emotions;

Magnolia

Mo' Better Blues

Sophie's Choice

Classical adaptations with strong emotions;

Emma

The Taming of the Shrew

Much Ado About Nothing

Family film with strong emotions;

Black Stallion

Little Man Tate

Searching for Bobby Fisher

Musical with strong emotions;

Into the Woods

Romance;

Don Juan DeMarco

Drama;

Lorenzo's Oil (Only on laser disc or VHS)

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
For me, these get the waterworks flowing everytime:
Dances with Wolves
Apollo 13
Field of Dreams
Old Yeller
Back to the Future (When George and Lorraine Kiss)
Born on the 4th of July
-- Matt

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Back to the Future (When George and Lorraine Kiss)
Whew, I'm glad I'm not the only one:b

Well Guys and Gals I think you have given me some excellent suggestions, thank you so much for taking the time to respond, I'm very grateful.

Please feel free to keep 'em coming!

nousername

Supporting Actor
Some Kind of Wonderful - The ending always makes me cry, and it's much better than Pretty in Pink (mainly because I find Molly Ringwald annoying). Not on DVD yet. :frowning:
Terms of Endearment - This movie was shamelessly and specifically produced to make you cry, and it works.
Lucas - This movie is more intelligent than 90 per cent of the teen movies that currently exist. Not on DVD yet. :frowning:

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
Amistad really gets me in several scenes especially when Cinque recalls his experience on the slave ships.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Damn Sean! I can just see the headline now...
LOCAL MONTANA MAN CRIES HIMSELF TO DEATH! Read all about it, page 3...
Police and ambulance were called to the home of Montana local man Sean Conklin today, after he was discovered by a nieghbor laying unconcious face down in a pile of mushy tear jerkers. Police suspect that Mr. Conklin may have been crying for what looks like weeks before he became so dehydrated that he collapsed.;)
Seriously though, I have to second The Karate Kid II! That scene just after Miagi's father dies, and he's sitting in front of the sea and Daniel sits down next to him and starts talking about HIS father, while all the while you see Miagi's eye's welling up with tears as he silently listens to Daniel, is some powerful shit!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks