I need quick advice-hp 300i or sony dvd burner

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnTKline, Mar 9, 2003.

1. JohnTKline

JohnTKline Stunt Coordinator

Man this frustrating. I bought an hp200i Sunday night, went out to dinner, and got home to open it up. Looks like it was already opened, but I didn't notice. Of course the dvd disc in the package is gone, but it looks like most everything else is there.
    So I'm off to best buy tomorrow for a return, and I can either get a 300i for 299.00, or that sony for 349.(if it's in stock). I checked for compatibility with my home dvd players and they're good for dvd+, so what should I do?
    I paid 249.99 for this one. Should I stay with hp or find a sony?

JOhn

2. JohnTKline

Well I just got home from best buy and they were out of the hp200i and the sony dru-500ax. My only choices were to get the hp300i(299.99) or the external sony dvd writer for 429.99.
    So I left not knowing which brand to get or if I should go with internal/external. Basically I left more confused then when I went in.[​IMG]

John

3. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Are they getting any of the Sony 500s in soon?? Is the External Sony Multi compliant(plays all formats)?

If so I hedge my bets, and get the Sony external if you can't get the internal.

Brent

4. JohnTKline

Best Buy didn't say when the sony dru-500a comes in, but Compusa has the dru-500ax. The external sony is also in multiformat. What do you all think?Hp 300i or sony 500ax?300.00 or 350.00?

John

5. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

the sony 500 is the all-in-one player correct? the one that does all dvd formats?

if so, i would think that would be the one to get. that way you're sure to get 100% dvd compatibility, plus all the features of a cd-burner.

seems the most logical to me...of course except for the fact that it costs 100 bucks more.