I need PC game recommendations please

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andy Sheets, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

I'm making a list. Feel free to just throw out titles, mainly from the past couple of years or so or even stuff that's coming out this summer (or supposed to, at least). Any genres are fine. Whatever you think is cool, just give it to me. I know about lots of the big titles but I'm sure I've missed some stuff, especially little things that slip through the cracks. Don't worry about system specs either as I got a pretty nice new computer late last year. Thanks [​IMG]

2. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

Return to Castle Wolfenstein mutliplayer owes me many hours of my life back. The single player isn't great, but the team based multiplayer is alone enough to recommend it.
    For single player almost cinematic action, try Max Payne. No multiplayer, and it's short, but it's quite fun, especially for fans of John Woo/Matrix style action.
    And if don't mind one from a few years ago, one of my favorte games (if not my favorite of all time)can be had for under $20-Grim Fandango. It's a Lucasart adventure game, and is fantastic! It truly makes an argument for games as an art. It combimes the epic length and storytelling of novels, with the humour and colour of a comedy, while being heavily influenced by Mexican folk art and Noir. Everyone owes it to themselves to own and play a copy of this! (If you like this, try out the last two Monkey Island games also. [​IMG] )

3. Jason Handy

Jason Handy Second Unit

System Shock 2 (horror-action in the Thief-vein)

Alpha Centauri (turn-based strategy)

PlaneScape:Torment (RPG)

Black&White

Serious Sam

Age of Empires II:The Age of Kings

I could go on. And on. And on. Just a question: what is this list going to entail?

4. Thom B

Thom B Stunt Coordinator

Diablo/Diablo 2 and expansions. Good 3rd person hack and slash fun. Online play is fun as well. I'm still playing D2 on a semi regular basis, though I completed the game ages ago.
    Alien vs Predator 2. Great fun. You can play as a marine, alien, and predator. All three storylines interweave somewhat, and you'll see/hear things from the other storylines as you play through as a given type. Playing as the marine will give you nightmares, esp if you're a fan of the movies. The alien and predator characters make for a nice change in gameplay from the FPS standard.
    Return to Wolfenstien is pretty, and has some nice gameplay elements in certain missions, but I got bored with the overall standard FPS style. Kinda "been there, done that" sorta feeling with most of the missions. Haven't finished it, and don't feel terribly compelled to do so.
    T

5. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

To add to the RTW game, I think the ending on the single player thing is quite anti-climactic. I was playing the hardest level and that guy died so quickly! I actually was waiting for something else to come up.

Haven't tried online yet though....maybe when I've given up on CS.

6. Aaron Schmitt

Aaron Schmitt Stunt Coordinator

How about:
    Red Alert 2 (and the Yuri's Revenge expansion)
    No One Lives Forever
    Serious Sam
    Unreal Tournament
    Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds
    High Heat Baseball 2003
    Motocross Madness 2
    Medal of Honor Allied Assault
    Aaron

7. JohnE

JohnE Supporting Actor

Some of my fav's...

-fps's