What's new

I need new speakers (1 Viewer)

Rob T

Screenwriter
my speakers recently stopped working (I took them into to get fixed and the guy said that nothing is visibly wrong with them, but they won't work anyways and to get it fixed at a place that specializes in speakers would cost more than to just get a new set) so I'll be getting a new set soon I guess so anybody got any suggestions as to what to get?
Any help would be welcome!

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Rob,

Are you looking for 2, 4 or 5 speakers?? Also, budget is another item to consider.

Depending on your budget and desk space, you also might consider a lower end receiver with a stereo speaker setup. I did and am happy that I made the switch, but it's not for everyone.

Also, you might want to venture over to the Klipsch forum under the Pro Media topic and do some research over there. Those guys are always talking computer speakers and its not just focused on the Klipsch product. Lots of opinions there on the PC speaker aspect of audio.

http://www.klipsch.com

Charles

Rob T

Screenwriter
The highest that I'd go is $100.
My last set was 2 speakers and a sub so I'll probably go the same route.
Thanks for the link! :)

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
Rob: Not a speaker expert, but I'd suggest going with either Logitech or Klipsch's newest 2.1 models. Not sure of the specific model #s on each of them, but a quick Google/Amazon/NewEgg search should find it for you. :)

I was hoping your price range was a little higher... I was going to suggest the Z-680s (currently #2 on my wish list after an LCD monitor). :D

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Hey Rob,

Much luck with your new speakers. Thanks for letting us know what you bought.

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks