I need more confidence :/...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Aug 2, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I hate anything out of the ordinary.

For instance, I was riding my bike today just after sunset. Same ride I've been taking for the past three weeks down here. However, I was looking to the left at an intersection, making sure no cars came by. As soon as I passed, I thought I heard someone yell at someone else, but couldn't be sure since I had my head set on. Couldn't help but wonder if I did something wrong. So, two minutes later when I got back to the house, I took the truck out, traversed the road again, saw everything LOOKED fine, and hoped for the best...

All the while the logical part of me is saying, if I hit, or even grazed something on that bike going even 5 miles an hour, I would have noticed. But the other half of me keeps on thinking otherwise...

Maby I should take a confidence course or something :/

2. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Maybe you shouldn't ride a bike or drive a car with a headset on. Keep as many senses as possible available to you when operating any sort of vehicle.

Listening to the radio in the car is different. If it's at a reasonable volume, you'll still be able to hear other, more important, things around you.

3. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

I think this may be a sign that you have obsessive compulsive disorder. Of course, I'm no shrink, but OCD may well be the culprit here.

4. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Supporting Actor

Travis Olson
    Yeah, that sounds like something a little too mundane to even give a shit about. I'd forget it before I even did it. Have you always worried about things like that? I know if I did I'd be a nervous wreck.

5. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

>>Maybe you shouldn't ride a bike or drive a car with a headset on. Keep as many senses as possible available to you when operating any sort of vehicle. >>

DEFINETLY never while in the car, only on the bike, especially when I plan to take an hour long bike ride twice a day. And as far as looking, I'm always looking a few miles ahead, and 95% of the time have it down low enough for me to be able to hear things around me.

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

That 5% might get you seriously hurt or worse. Leave the heads at home if you're going to ride. You're in a more vulnerable situation on a bike.

7. AviTevet

AviTevet Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, no headphones on a bike. I used to wear headphones when I ran but when I started not hearing cars from behind me I stopped.

8. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Sorry for taking so long to reply to these. The Power was out yesterday for a bout 3 hours, and the cable modem was out for 14 hours straight. Going back to dial up, even temporarily was tougher than I thought [​IMG]
    >That 5% might get you seriously hurt or worse>
    Wich is was I'm even more sure that everything is fine. But as others have stated, I do have OCD, only I thought it was just with 'cleanliness'. Had no idea it had extended to bike riding as well.
    Oh well, time for a change of habits. I havn't listend to a tape, or radio in the car for the past year or two, looks like it's time to take the same measures with the bike as well.