What's new

I NEED HELP WITH SOMETHING (1 Viewer)

z32type

Agent
Real Name
Juan Pimentel
I'm going to have a few questions and need some help with a few things.

I still have a old Mitsubishi WS-65613 Gold Plus HDTV Rear projection tv that I bought back in Aug. 2005. It doesnt do 720p just 480p and 1080i.

I recently bought a Sony Blu Ray player I'm currently running a Monster Cable HDMI TO DVI adapter from the Blu Ray player to the tv. Running an Monster Cable optical cable for surround sound.

I have a Pioneer Elite A/V reciever that can convert signals to 1080p since my tv can't output 1080p. I actually never tried it will it work? I need to run a regular 1.5 HDMI cable from the player to the reciever and from the reciever HDMI to my tv via DVI.

But I also want to experience surround sound without using an optical cable will it still output the digital sound?

My RECIEVER DOESNT HAVE DTS HD AND DOLBY TRUE HD.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Hi, Welcome to HTF.

First thing, I'll try to save you a few hundred $$$. Return the mon$ter cables and get some from blue jeans, monoprice, or even Radio Shack.

Which Sony Blu-Ray? Can it decode the HD format internally? If so, you can probably use the HDMI to send multi-channel PCM to your Pioneer (what model?) and get the new formats.

z32type

Agent
Real Name
Juan Pimentel

I bought the radio shack HDMI TO DVI CABLE and a radioshack HDMI cable. My blu ray player is the bd-x1 Sony and my Pioneer elite is the vsx 80txv.

I'm currently running a Athena C-1-1 Center, B&W DM600 front/left main speaker, Definitive Technology dipole surrounds 4x and Audiosource SW15 Powered subwoofer.

z32type

Agent
Real Name
Juan Pimentel
I have a HDMI A/V reciever,but doesnt output sound only video???? SO i have to use an optical cable.

how can i enjoy lossless audio? My blu ray doesnt have multi-channel analog,but my reciever does.

The wierd part is i tried experimenting. I changed the blu ray player digital to dowmix pcm for both dolby and dts. When I watch Eagle eye without the downmix i noticed when I press audio on the blu ray players remote it will say Dolby Digital 3.2.1 48KHZ then when I changed the setting to downmix pcm and press audio to change the sound it said Dolby Tru HD 3.2.1 48KHZ,but it doesn't that good or loud as turning the downmix pcm off.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
From what I can find from my google search, your Pioneer does not accept PCM over HDMI. And, since it does not decode either and you can't connect via analog 5.1, you will not be able to hear the new HD formats. You can still enjoy Blu-Ray discs with the old DTS and Dolby via the optical or coax digital connections.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks