What's new

I need help with my PB-10 ISD! (1 Viewer)

Sebastien Guay

Auditioning
For Matrix reloaded, the scene I found that has the best "shake the couch and the butt" effect is when the agent is jumping on the cars on the highway chase scene.

When Neo is fighting all the Smiths is not bad either, just a little too long :)

Sébas

Vaughan Odendaal

Second Unit
I think this thread is about done. Thank you, all of you, for the helpful and informative comments that were brought forth to this thread. It's been an enjoyable read too.

This thread of mine started out as a problem thread. I was seriously worried about the performance of my subwoofer. I still can't believe what a monumental difference it made it to my subwoofer by simply changing the DRC control. Mindblowing.

I posted on three different forums, and pretty much everyone told me that my room size was the main culprit, the reason, in fact, why I couldn't feel any deep bass with my subwoofer, the reason why I was unhappy, or both.

Boy, am I glad they were all wrong.:D I'm feeling things I've never felt before. I've been hit in the chest and head with some of the deep bass scenes I've tried.

My room size is big. No doubt. But that doesn't seem to be a problem for my SVS. I put in Hellboy this morning (which I tried out last week), and, shit, my room pressurized. It was awesome.

My pants were moving too. :) Previously, my gain was at 50%, subwoofer level -5. Now, it's at about 40%, slightly under, subwoofer level at 0. I think I'm more or less set right, but I won't know for certain until I get both Avia and the SPL meter.

It's not as if I'm feeling bass all the time. My subwoofer only shakes things when it's required to do so. But the really, really low bass scenes I can definitely feel now. And it's clean too.

Now I'm an SVS believer! Now I know what you guys are experiencing. I'm so happy. Again, I want to say a big thank you to everyone who contributed in this thread. I really, really appreciate it.

Thanks.

--Sincerely,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.