What's new

I need help with my Japan "Harry & Tonto" Blu=Ray (1 Viewer)

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
Can anyone help me. I purchased the 'Harry & Tonto" Blu-Ray from Japan and I can't figure out how
to remove the Japanese Sub-titles. The start up menu is all in Japanese.Please tell me there is a way.
718YXvKv8xL._SL1376_.jpg

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I assume you've already tried by using the subtitle button on your remote control?

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
No, but I will. Thanks
That's by far your best bet. I have several "foreign" discs where the disc menu does not enable me to turn off subtitles but the subtitle button does the trick.

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
Does it feature the interesting Paul Mazursky commentary track that was on the DVD from Paramount? What a shame that Paramount hasn't released this on Blu-ray for Region A!

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Thanks for the reminder of this excellent '70's film. Though I liked Art Carney in The Honeymooners (before my time, but I watched re-runs in the '80's) IMHO his best roles were the films he did in the '70's. I.e., Harry and Tonto, the underrated neo-noir The Late Show (1977), and the original Going in Style (1979).

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
I stand corrected. I just checked my DVD copy and it was released by Fox, not Paramount as I stated earlier.

As for the Paul Mazursky commentary, wouldn't you just be able to access it by clicking on the audio button on your remote control and choosing the alternate track?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks