I need help? Which dvd to buy???

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ron Lee Green, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green Supporting Actor

Kellogg's cereal has a free dvd movie with purchase of 5 cereals. I'm going to send away for a free dvd movie.

My problem is: Which title do I pick?

I haven't seen any of these movies, so I'm asking you knowledgable folks here at the forum which one should I choose? I also love a dvd with lots of special features, too.

Here are my choices:

Agent Cody Banks
    Hackers
    It Runs in the Family
    The Man in the Iron Mask
    12 Angry Men
    Baby Boom
    Honeymoon in Vegas
    Return to Me

2. Tommy G

Tommy G Screenwriter

If it's free I would say 12 Angry Men because then you wouldn't be double dipping when they finally put out a decent version of it. The original is not anamorphic and from what I hear the picture quality is not very good. I've been holding off for years in hopes for a re-release. If you decide to hold off like me, I'd say your next best bet is Return to Me.

3. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

I second the motion for 12 Angry Men. One of the greatest films ever made IMHO. All of the others, I don't even have a fleeting interest in.

4. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    A 3rd for 12 Angry Men. Henry Fonda is great, providing this is the original version. There was a remake with Tony Danza, that is also pretty good.

Return To Me is a real solid romance movie.

Man In An Iron Mask, while not for everybody, I thought was surprisingly good. Real enjoyable with an old school swashbuckler flavor.