What's new

I need help selecting a 65" TV for a new theater room (around $2000) (1 Viewer)

deathbydoubleG

Auditioning
Real Name
Grant Chambers
i am quite new to high-quality TVs. I have heavily considered the UN65D8000 as i love its lack of a thick bezel.
I would prefer LCD over plasma unless the plasma has no chance of burn in! 3D is not a necessity either. I will have external speakers.
any suggestions?
Thanks!

deathbydoubleG

Auditioning
Real Name
Grant Chambers
The lighting in the room will be easily adjustable most of the time so glossy is fine.

deathbydoubleG

Auditioning
Real Name
Grant Chambers
The lighting in the room will be easily adjustable most of the time so glossy is fine.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Yup, I'd say the 65" Samsung would be a little cheaper than getting the Panasonic 65"VT50 but you could consider the ST or GT if you were willing to sacrifice some of the fancy features. Those probably have a bigger bezel too. I'd give all 4 a look, and the Sony XBR as well.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
If you can go from 65-inch to 73-inch, I heartily recommend the Mitsubishi DLP sets. I have the WD-73838. It is 3D out of the box with DLP Link glasses. The picture quality is great. The 73-inch class Mits start at $1150 at Amazon, but you will need a stand to go with it.

deathbydoubleG

Auditioning
Real Name
Grant Chambers
no i really haven't considered any type of projection technology... I think i would rather just have a wall mounted flat screen and i will look at all of the screens all of you mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread