I need help planning a trip!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Torrez, Mar 17, 2002.

1. John Torrez

John Torrez Second Unit

Okay, I want to go to California next summer. Mainly to Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Magic Mountain, etc. It will be for around two weeks or less. So where do i start? Any good websites or advice you can give me? I figured now would be the time to start planning, better early than at the last minute.

2. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

If you really want to see Knotts then go there first (if you've never been there or to the other theme parks). If you save it for last you will be very disappointed. Magic Mountain is really fun for thriller rollercoasters but doesn't have a very charming atmosphere. Disneyland will be the pinnacle of your vacation. It has fun rides (not thriller, but fun) and a great atmosphere. While you're at the Disneyland Resort you could also spend a day at Disney's California Adventure. I haven't been there yet (don't really want to because I always have my young kids with me and it's not really fun for young kids). DCA isn't as good as Disneyland, but it has some redeeming qualities. You can get a 3-day park hopper that lets you get into both parks.