I need help! Is there anyway to shut down the pass game in Madden 2003?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Adams, Sep 23, 2002.

1. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Hello guys, I am deep into Madden 2003, I absolutely love this game. It is alot better than 2002. I can run, pass, score. On d I can also stop the run and pick off the ball. The only problem I have is stopping the pass. Whatever I do the ai still picks my d apart. I can call dime cover 4, zones zone blitzes, dime with putting 2 guys on one receiver. Although I can usually stop them from the end zone, the ai always racks up over 300 yards a game. Any tips?

2. RudyN

RudyN Supporting Actor

Rudy Nunez
    What level are you playing on? Are you using the default sliders? If so, you might want to adjust the sliders to your liking. I found a slider set on the net I'm going to try out today. The guys talking about them seemed to like them alot. If you are interested I could post them for you.

3. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Rudy, I am playing on pro mode with 7 minute quarters. I have not adjusted any of the sliders. I don't want to make it too easy to defend against, but at the same time, when I got 3 guy covering one receiver and he still catches the ball, it gets a little ridiculous. Yeah, go ahead and post the slider info that you have. Thanks.

4. RudyN

RudyN Supporting Actor

Rudy Nunez
    I play 7 min on All-Pro. The game seems to be a little more realistic. I get all my tips and hints including the sliders I'm about to post from MaddenMania. These guys know there Madden. As far as the sliders go, here they are. I haven't tried them yet, but will probably do so tonight. I'm going to copy the poster's entire post since it explains some things.

5. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

when i saw your post i thought you were referring to all-pro, try it on that and it's like 10x worse!!!

6. RudyN

RudyN Supporting Actor

Rudy Nunez
    Actually, it has been said in many interviews that they have done with EA people, that the game is designed to be most accurate on All-Pro.

7. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

tried the sliders with a little adjustments, a lot of facets of the game seem much more realistic, especially the pass rush and run play

8. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

Yes, the suction block by EA is annoying as hell. I have no problem having receivers covered during the initial routes that receivers run. It's when quarterbacks scramble that pisses me off to no end.

9. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

I tried these sliders on pro mode and was able to keep the passing game more realistic. The Jets only threw for 208 yards. I did get 3 picks! The rest of the game is just too easy. But then I tried an exhibition game in all pro mode with those sliders and it was alot more realistic. Alot harder than pro mode. I also lost the game against KC. But like I said, alot more realistic. I just have to change my mindset and realize that I am not going to put up 40+ points per game in all pro mode.

10. PatB

PatB Stunt Coordinator

Hey Rudy, do they have any slider setting for Pro level? I went on the site but couldn't find them. Please post them if you see them up there. I want to finish the season at least on the same level I started on.

11. RudyN

RudyN Supporting Actor

Rudy Nunez
    I found some Pro sliders, but they are only for offense and defense, no special teams.

12. RudyN

RudyN Supporting Actor

Rudy Nunez
    The guy who's sliders I posted made a final update to them. Here they are if you want them.

13. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Rudy, thanks again for all your work with this. It is really appreciated and had made my Madden play time much more enjoyable. I took your first sliders and used them during pre season in my 2nd year and found them to be for the most part right on. I tweaked a couple of things here and there. I did tweak down the running back ability too I think a +3 for both cpu and human and have found that the running game is so much more realistic now. During the pre season I was able to rush Portis for 100 yards in the first half and gain about 245 rushing yards per game. That sounds like a college team. But after I tweaked them down and played my first regular seaon Portis barely broke 100 for the entire game and total rushing yards for the entire team was 131. I was also able to contain the passing game, not shut it down completely. But you are right, getting pressure on the qb is almost impossible. In order to do that I have been bringing double blitzes and then blitzing a safety, the major downside to that is if you dont get pressure on the qb and at least make him throw early, he will burn you for a long gain. I'll try some of these other sliders tonight.

14. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Oh by the way, I am playing on all-pro mode with 7 min quarters.