I need help hanging my center channel.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by George Monroy, Jan 21, 2002.

1. George Monroy

George Monroy Stunt Coordinator

I have a Cerwin Vega RE-C6 center channel speaker that I want to hang on the wall just above and behind the TV. I have some ideas on how to do it but what do you guys suggest? I need to how to hang it and on what.

Thanks.

2. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

A shelf is not an option?

3. George Monroy

I was going to make a shelf but I want to angle the center channel slightly downward at maybe 15-30 degrees. Would it be okay to put it on a shelf that is flat? I wanted to direct the sound straight to the couch.

4. Pete Jennings

Pete Jennings Second Unit

Try this HomeTheaterSpot thread, CraigM has a post middle way down that shows a slightly modified TV wall mount that may fit your needs. It fit mine!
    Pete

5. George Monroy

That looks like what I need.

I will look for one of those.

Wont the screws going into the speaker box damage the sound output? And what if I move later and don't use that arm how can I plug the holes up effectively?

Thanks.

6. BruceD

BruceD Screenwriter

You might also consider using a steel downrod like they use for ceiling fans with a wall mount spkr bracket attatched to the downrod.

7. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    Check out Mike Knapp's Theater . He has his center suspended. Although it is covered by some sort of cloth, I'm sure there would be tips on how he did it.

8. David_KW

David_KW Auditioning

George,
    I'm not sure how physically large your CV RE-C6 is, but here's a link to a response I posted on AVSForum (DKW) that shows what I ended up using for wall-mounting a large center channel speaker.
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=103909
    No screws into the speaker needed, and allows a good bit of flexibility with directonal aiming of the speaker.

9. George Monroy

David,
    From the look of your center channel it seems to be about the same size as mine. I think that I will check out Loews nad/or Home Depot along with any other place you can think of that may sell an arm mount. Was that medical place online? I live in Houston. I guess living in the medical capital of the world I should be able to find one medical store.[​IMG] My mom even works at a hospital right down the street from me.

10. David_KW

David_KW Auditioning

George, the MVS place is online, but I live reasonably close so I just drove there when I was looking because I wasn't really sure what I was looking for.
    The place does both medical A/V (some specialty requirements) and home theater stuff. You might need to call to get more info on their toll free line.
    The original site:
    http://www.medicalvideosystems.com
    Their home theater branch:
    http://forhometheater.com/
    There is a 'mounts' section on the HT portion, but no products listed.