i need help finding an extremely rare baseball card

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sam E. Torres, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Sam E. Torres

Sam E. Torres Second Unit

i'm looking for a rare baseball card of a man named hal youngblood. he used to play for the cubs, he's probably in his late 50's now and he is the minister at my church. i really want to find this card, obviously it would mean the world to him. if anyone can help me out with any stores or websites that might have his card, let me know please.

2. Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno Supporting Actor

I searched Google for Hal Youngblood w/o luck. Are you certain his real name is "Hal" or could that be a nickname?

3. James RD

James RD Supporting Actor

I saw only two Youngbloods listed as having played in the majors. Joel was born in 1951, but never played for the Cubs. The other guy, Chief, was born in 1900.

Are you sure of the name? Perhaps he played in the Cubs minor league system.

4. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

Sam, my baseball encyclopedia lists just the two Youngbloods that James mentioned.
    I did, however, run across a guy named Chicken Wolf [​IMG]
    Jon

5. Johnny wilson

Johnny wilson Stunt Coordinator

There is no Hal Youngblood. Believe me.

6. Sam E. Torres

Sam E. Torres Second Unit

okay his real name is harold youngblood, he was a pitcher in the 60's. he played for the chicago cubs. i recently found out he only played for 6 weeks(injured)...but he DID play for the chicago cubs.

7. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

8. Mark Romero

Mark Romero Second Unit

If he's not listed in the Baseball Encyclopedia or Total Baseball, then he never played in the bigs. May have been on the team, but never got any playing time.

9. Johnny wilson

The guy was a friggin bench warmer.

10. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

11. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer
    Supporter

Being a Cubs fan I have a book entitled the day by day in Chicago Cubs history that includes an All Time Roster Index for the franchise and there has never been a person with the last name Youngblood on the roster. Are you sure it was the Cubs and not the Sox?

12. Johnny wilson

Madone! It was a joke. You're right though, I never made the majors but did play at class AA in Iowa back in 85.

13. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

14. Mark Romero

Mark Romero Second Unit

15. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

Woo. Degeneration is a fun thing to watch.

I was coming in to see if you'd had any luck. Maybe go as far as to contact the Cubs organization themselves to see if there's any helpful information they could give you.

16. Bob Partovi

Bob Partovi Stunt Coordinator

Maybe you guys can help me too! I looked for This guy Harold to help with no luck. I am looking to find a Baseball card of my sister's finacee. He played in the AA minors in 95-96 for the Kissimee Royals as a Starting Pitcher. and his name is Devin Sejdi. I've tried countless ways on the net with no luck. Anybody have a clue? Thanks!

17. Johnny wilson

Devin Sejdi started out as a starting pitcher but then ended his carrer in the bullpen as a closer for the Royals. He was a hard thrower and a little wild at times. He did have a decent ERA in 1996 though.

18. Bob Partovi

You know of HIM! cool. He's gonna be thrilled. He had rotator cuff surgery and was never able to attain above 92mph again so he's sticking to sport business for now. Do you know of any cards I can get for him? He will be so excited!

19. Johnny wilson

I really don't know if there are any baseball cards of him. I would try to contact the Royals Organization and ask for any team sets they have for class AA in 95-96. I know that rotater cuff is a difficult thing to overcome and I wish Devin well. I remember a teamate (Casimiro Zemboloski) of mine said Devin struck him out on three consecutive pitches once. I hope there was a minor league card made of him so you can give it to him. Good luck and God Bless. Johnny.

20. Bob Partovi

thanks, you're a ton of help! He'll be thrilled by the comments you made too!