1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

I need help finding acoustic all board

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Damon Hill, Dec 10, 2001.

1. Damon Hill

Damon Hill Auditioning

Im trying to find out how to treat the walls in my HT, but im having trouble finding what im looking for. I want to find some sort of acoustic wall board that is part of the wall, as in underneath the sheetrock or on top of, and then painted or covered, not just insulated panels wrapped in fabric that are then tacked on top of the sheetrock.

Can anyone help me in my search?

Thanks!

2. Damon Hill

Damon Hill Auditioning

Can anyone help me out?

3. ScottFauque

ScottFauque Agent

Damon,
    Often people put up 2 sheets of drywall on the walls and ceilings. Two 5/8 is what I did. Some recommend putting 30# roofing felt between them. The topic of building walls is a frequently discussed questions here and at the AVS building site. A few searches will yield more than you ever ever wanted to know.
    To get you started on your path toward sound control and understand I would suggested that you see the numerous excellent links/articles at this USG site:
    http://www.usg.com/Design_Solutions/..._construct.asp
    In the center not only are there 'features', 'manuals' and 'case studies' but also 'Design Wizards' on the far left.