What's new

I Need Help: Denon AVR-1603 or Yamaha RX V530? (1 Viewer)

Paul Murphy

Stunt Coordinator
I have been looking to buy and reciever for some time now and have concluded on either the Denon AVR-1603 or the Yamaha RX V530. I really have no idea which one. Was leaning towards the Yamaha because it has the 21 surround sounds programs and that it also has Component Video Switching. I would really apreciate your help in selcting the right reciever.
Denon
Yamaha

Mikey.S

Grip
go for the yamaha.

ive been researching the denon 1803 and yamaha rv-630 as my choices and i reckon the yamaha seem to have better sound quality on the whole.

also the remotes are simpler and easier to use

Matt Jesty

Second Unit
i SELL BOTH BRANDS AND like both brands....
In this case go Yamaha for balls, and reliability...slight edge in both catagories......

Paul Murphy

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone have any thoughts on the Yamaha RX-V550 which was priced $599 canadian. Anyone no the price for the Yamaha
RX-V530 in U.S or Canadian?

I would really appreciate a reply!!!

Cyrus_I

Stunt Coordinator
Denon. I actually had the Yamaha 530 but replaced it with the 1603. The Denon just sounded so much better with Stereo music. The 1603 reproduces mid range bass much clearer and doesn't make the low frequency bass sound muddy like the Yamaha did. The Yamaha had nicer HT features but both sound just as good as eachother in HT. If you'll be listening to music as well as watching movies, go with the Denon. Either way you've got the best reciever in this price range.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks