What's new

I need DVD cases (1 Viewer)

Greg O' Connel

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, this has been done before. Many, many times.

The problem is a.) the search function is down, and b.) our favorite source - inetdvd.com - for Alphas and Amarays is currently out of stock on most of their cases. I need some 2 disc cases, the thin and double size ones. Does anyone know an online retailer that has these in stock, or when inetdvd will get them back in stock? Inet's schedule for replenishment is way out of date.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Thanks for the source, John. Of course, they are also out of slim doubles and only currently have singles in clear. Oh well.

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
I've once bought a box of slim double-disc cases. They are the kind with a hub on each side and (unfortunately) no special place for inserts. But if that'll do, email me, maybe I can help you out.

--Dmitry

Paul>Wh

Agent
If you live in a metropolis I have found 2 local places that you can get basic cases from. Tower records sells the cases. The second way is if you have a 'nice' blockbuster than ask them for the ones that they throw away. The cases they use aren't the same ones as the originals alot of times. This all depends on the employees of course. When I lived next to this one they had really nice employees and they would hook me up (I would rent from them alot and they got alot of ws too). The new one after I moved just stinks but what can you do. Sorry for a mini-rant, but hope that helps.
Paul

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
if you have a 'nice' blockbuster than ask them for the ones that they throw away.
Paul, my Blockbuster has no problem parting with their old cases. A few weeks ago, they gave me two huge boxfuls, mostly singles with a few Playstation cases (with the memory card holder built-in). Unfortunately, I've never gotten any double cases from them.

Paul>Wh

Agent
That's true, you won't find any double cases but the singles help out when you break some old ones or buy used dvds. Some Blockbusters will just give you a deer in the headlights look if you ask them though, just my personal experience. I also use them for when I loan out my dvds, they work really nice there too.

ColeKR

Stunt Coordinator
I know at Hollywood Videos we give out DVD cases when we are done with them. Just go in and ask someone.

Nathan McMahan

Stunt Coordinator
A little reasearch on DVD cases:

Thinpaks: (Twilight Zone)
US Plastics. www.usplastic.com (800 537 9724)
.40 each (5% discount for 130 or more, 10% discount for 260 or more)
i.e. 300 comes to 108.00 with discount (total with shipping--126.02)

Slim doubles: (Minority Report, Star Wars, Stargate UE) approx. 9/16” wide (same as a standard DVD case)
Cyberdisk www.cyberdisk.com (860 564 2444)
**updated**
This now routes you to Wagar Associates, Inc, their parent company. www.wagarassoc.com
They are .80 each (12 for 9.60, 25 for 20.00)
Unfortunately they are out until April 7th

Slim triples: (Back to the Future, Canadian Brotherhood of Wolf) approx. 1” wide
Sleeve City sleevetown.com (901 380 4168)
Case of 10 for 16.95 (total including shipping 22.70)

They also have standard doubles (¾” wide) at 10 for 14.95
They also have a new add-a-page system that allows for a DVD sleeve to fit in the booklet clips.
These are 10 for 3.00, 50 for 13.50.
They sell the quads and quints in 48 count lots and the sextuples and septuplets in 40 count lots

Quadruples: (holds 4) approx. 1 ½” wide
(UFO set 1 & 2) best for Scream, Lethal Weapon, Batman,
Quintuples: (holds 5) approx 1 ½” wide (same as quads)
Best for Alien legacy, Pink Panther
Sextuples (holds 6): approx. 2” wide
Best for Die Hard 5 star set, Planet of the Apes
Septuplets (holds 7): approx 2” wide (same size as sextuples)
Alfred Hitchcock collection, Monty Python fits in 2

Best place to get the above:
Vernon library supplies www.vernlib.com http://64.71.141.130/alphadvd1.asp (800 878 0253)
Prices are for quantities between 1 and 29.
Quads: 1.99 each
Sextuples: 2.65 each
Septuplets: 2.95 each
They also have standard doubles (¾’ wide): 1.75 each

Also:
Inetdvd www.inetdvd.com (651 735 2272)
Slim Doubles and Standard Doubles (both are 1.49 each and both are out of stock)
Triples: 2.99 each (these are the same width as the quads, even though they are called slim triples)
Quads: 3.24 each
Quints: 3.49 each (out of stock)
Sextuples: 3.74 each
Septuplets: 3.99 each

Both allow orders for small lots, neither carries the quintuples.

Bags unlimited www.bagsunlimited.com
Slim doubles: 5 for 12.50, 10 for 20.00
Thinpaks: 5 for 4.75, 10 for 4.75

Happy shopping folks

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Target just reset their electronics dept's and now carry two brands of very nice Amaray styles for a good price.

Matt

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Digital Eyes sell packs of 3 blank cases. When I got a few (more than a year ago), they were the standard type, for 1 DVD and placeholders for inserts.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks