What's new

I need buying advice (1 Viewer)

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Alright...so I am at Best Buy yesterday and I walk past the rack advertising several Universal titles (including "Magnum P.I.") as "Buy 1, Get 1 Free"...

"Magnum P.I." is one of my all-time favorite shows, but I haven't yet purchased it.

Getting 4 seasons for around $80 sounds like a fairly good deal to me.

I was wondering if anyone who's purchased and viewed the sets could give me some advice on this topic. I don't have much time to make my decision, so I'd like some feedback.

Thanks!

Scott_F_S

Second Unit
What kind of advice are you looking for exactly? Whether to purchase 4 seasons for $80? Sounds like a good deal to me if you're into Magnum P.I. I'm not, so I'll keep my $80 in my wallet.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
I guess what I am looking for is a recommendation on the quality of the sets and how they look...or if I should save up for various releases in the future I know I'll want to get...

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
Jonny P,

I can't recommend the four seasons of Magnum PI enough. The acting between the four main characters has held up perfectly, with an overall lightly done but still there timeline continuation arc that makes you feel that these people's lives are advancing. The stories are varied, entertaining and fun.

As to the discs themselves, I haven't had any problems playing them, and I only have a cheap $60 dvd player. Just be careful removing the season 1 discs from the hard plastic tabs. I scratched one of my discs because I was going too fast; luckily it didn't impact my playing of the disc. The other three seasons are easy to remove from the packaging.

I thought these were a steal at $40 each. If you like Magnum PI, you will watch these more than once. A fantastic purchase. I can't wait for season 5.

JeffO

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the recommendations and advice.

I purchased all four seasons as part of the "Buy 1, Get 1 Free" deal at Best Buy because it was too good to pass up.

"Magnum, P.I." was one of my favorite shows growing up. Personally, I think it is one of the few shows from the 80s that really "holds up" in terms of acting and production value.

I'd missed out on collecting this from the beginning because it came out the same time as "Knight Rider"...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks