What's new

I need beer!!! Can anyone get the Samuel Adams Chocolate Bock? (1 Viewer)

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Ok, beer drinkers... I have been trying to find the Sam Adams Chocolate Bock here in the Tampa area for a few weeks. I waited a little too long to pick up this once in a lifetime brew of only 50,000 bottles and am still hoping I did not miss out. If there is anyone on the forum who knows of a place to buy it, please E-mail me at [email protected].

The best I have found is online at about $40 for one bottle shipped. There was a store near me that had it for $18 and sold out of their stock within 2 days. As I said, I'm hoping I didn't miss out and really want to try it!!! Please E-mail me if you can find it at a reasonable price between like $15-$25 a bottle. Thanks!

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Good luck on this one John—this was a special, limited batch that was made for Valentine’s Day (hence the chocolate). Since the production was limited to about 50,000 bottles and it was released in February (in time for Valentine’s Day) it may be pretty hard to find a bottle now.

Suggest retail on release was $14–$15/bottle, so you can pretty well figure out that by now it will sell at a big premium.

Personally, I’d wait until next year and get in on the bandwagon early. Of course there is no guarantee that they will do the same thing again—but given the sales on their first effort, I’d expect to see another effort.

Doug:Li

Stunt Coordinator
On saturday my friend and i stopped into a small liquor store here in new jersey. We looked thru the beer case, and we found about four of these, $13.99 each. My friend bought them all. We couldnt believe the luck that this little rinky dink store had em. I havent tried it yet but heard it was really good. I dont think they will be getting any more in tho. If I see it again I will let you know.

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Well, Sam Adams said it was a once in a life time production. Kind of like the Utopias and Millenium beers. As I said, I found the Chocolate Bock for about $40 a bottle. If I order 3 I will get it about $34 a bottle. I'm so tempted to do it, 'cause I have heard a lot of great stuff about the beer. Unfortunately, I would be paying double what I could have paid if I kept up with it and got it weeks ago!

Anyways, thanks for the help thus far. But, if by any chance anyone of you can find it at regular price, please E-mail me. I would be willing to compensate for the trouble!

By the way, has anyone ever tried the Samuel Adams Triple Bock?

- John

SethH

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, but if you wait another couple weeks to decide it may have doubled in price again as they continue to become more and more rare. You obviously want this, so go ahead and get a couple on-line. If you don't you'll definitely be pissed at yourself if they don't ever brew them again.

Greg Morse

Stunt Coordinator

I've had a few bottles of the triple bock over the years. It's alright if you like a dry sherry, but nothing to really write home about.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
Their Triple Bock is more like a Barley Wine than a Bock. But don't take my word for it, I read it in a book from Michael Jackson.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
A search on Google revealed a couple of places online which still have Chocolate Bock on sale:

$17.99/bottle

I emailed the guy for stock and he's responded within the hour...he's got 36 bottles remaining. Dunno if he's reputable, but since he responded promptly, I figure he's worth the risk if you're desperate.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Dumb question: how many ounces per bottle ? Are these like "King Cobra" sized ? At 40.00 per bottle, you're looking at some pretty good anejo for that price !

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
No problem, John. Thanks to you, you've piqued my interest - on my way home tonight, I stopped by the best wine & liquor store in town, Surdyk's. To my surprise, I find that they have 2 cases of Samuel Adams Chocolate Bock for retail ($15.29/bottle).

I picked up two bottles, especially since I learned that the chocolate that's used is by the master chocolatiers, Scharffen Berger out of California. I use Scharffen Berger a lot in my baking.

Even better, my holy grail search of 15 years is over - I can now buy Stella Artois beer in Minneapolis at Surdyk's. I had it once in New York and loved it. Fortunately, Surdyk's had it on sale for $28/case. Never bought a case of beer before, but I snatched one up without hesitation.

Once again, thanks to your query John, I've been fortunate to grab two great finds tonight! Hope you get yours too!

Here's a link to Surdyk's.

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
I finished my last bottle of Brooklyn Brewing Black Chocolate Stout last night... And this thread makes me sad that I have to wait all summer for another thick chocolate beer.

:frowning:

MC

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks