I need Avia audio calibration help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Allen Longcor, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Allen Longcor

Allen Longcor Supporting Actor

Ok I tried it for the first time tonight and I set it way too high. I calbrated it to 70db, but my setup is in a "kids" room (not a master bedroom) and that is just way too high. I have a few questions. I have an Onkyo 595. I changed the volume to 40 when I calibrated it. Should I leave it at say 25 or 30 and then just raise the speakers via the white noise calibration on the receiver? Will it make a difference (besides me calibrating at a lower db). Are there any general tips you guys can give me about calibrating using Avia, or even specifically about Onkyos? I would really like to know what level you guys use for small bedrooms such as my own. Any help is appreciated. Also how do these adjustments affect music listening? I find less bass in music than in movies.

2. Jerry AZ

Jerry AZ Stunt Coordinator

You don't have to play at the level you use for setup. I calibrate mine at 75db, (volume setting is 49 or 59, I'll have to check), but I listen at lower levels.

You could also do the calibration at 25 or 30. Just adjust the speaker levels via the receiver so they are all the same level.

Do you have a subwoofer?

3. Allen Longcor

Allen Longcor Supporting Actor

Yes I do have a subwoofer. It's a custom built sub with a 12" shiva driver. I shall try again tonight to calibrate things, and I may move my sub from it's current position too.