What's new

I need an honest opinion about Enter the Matrix... (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator
I just got an X-Box last weekend and I was wondering if anyone has played both the PS2 and X-Box versions of this game.

Which version did you prefer?

I already have the game for PS2 and I'm thinking of trading it for the X-box version.

I can't take advantage of the game's 1080i format YET because I don't have my X-Box hooked up to my HDTV with component cables. I need to either buy a switcher or buy a new receiver that can pass a hi-def signal.

So would it be a waste of time or should I look into it?

Cheers.
J.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
If you have an HDTV definitely trade it in. The conroller on the PS2 is better but this game is all about visuals.. take advantage with higher res's. When I had it for Xbox it never froze up on me.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
The 1080i is nice, if you think you're going to spend a lot of time playing it you might consider trading up. It wouldn't be worth it to me, but I only rented the game anyway: it doesn't have a lot of replay value.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
"Or play value, for that matter."

Well... er... the airport level is okay. If you just play that, you'll get the whole game except the horrifying rail shooting experience.

dan fritzen

Second Unit
Jeff, I was dissappointed with the 1080i for this game, I played Tony Hawk 4 with 720p and those graphics blew away enter the matrix.

Mark Hedges

Second Unit
I just don't see the point of doing this. Spend your money on a new game! Visuals are important but I don't think they are something to get too caught up in.

Anyway maybe for the cutscenes 1080I would be nice but during the gameplay most of the levels are so sparse that I don't really see the need for anything better than 480P.

Mark

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Me personally, I think the cutscenes look like crap (except for the operators at zion). I myself could not tell that it was 1080i, but my friends that came over thought that it was awesome looking.

The game is definitely a rental, I was able to finish it as a rental. At the beginning the game is pretty boring. But as you play it it starts to get really fun. I like the fact that if you don't beat the guy that protects the oracle, your game is basically over. But if you do beat him, you get much more story and gameplay.

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
Two of my friends own the game on Xbox, and I'll pick it up...... at a budget price. I don't think it's worth full price and I've got a stack of games to work through in the mean time anyway.

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator
I'm just gonna stick with my PS2 version. I just got Halo at Target for $27.88 so I think I'll be set for a while.

Cheers.
J.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
$27.88!!!!! You lucky son of a ..... I can't beleive you found Halo at that price. I just bought Halo about 4 months ago (had a friends copy for a entire year before that) and it was 50 bucks. Every where I go it's still that price.

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator
When I saw it for that price I was in shock. They were out of stock so I got a raincheck. I went to a different location and redeemed it there. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks