I need an AR2C box?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by ScottGilger, Sep 17, 2003.

1. ScottGilger

ScottGilger Auditioning

I now have my AR1's along with my AR17 for my rear speakers. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Now I have purchased from Recoton all four speakers with the cross-over connections and everything else. All I need is the speaker box or someway of providing me with the specs to build one. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

P.S. All you AR lovers out there I'm almost there with my full set up! I was able to purchase a brand new AR4C but would perfer the AR2C with the download bass system. yea![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. RISUG

RISUG Stunt Coordinator

Scott,

WOO HOO!!!!! Needless to say I'm thrilled everthing worked
    out. So you're gonna build an AR2C? - wow. I knew you really really wanted one, but I never believed anyone could
    want one as badly as I did, well Scott - you proved me wrong.[​IMG]

Specs for the AR2C can be found here:

http://www.acoustic-research.com/

I'm confident that you are quite familiar with the site so I'm not sure if that is the information you are looking for.

Anyway, once again WOO HOO!! Let us know when you have completed or acquired the AR2C.[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. terence

terence Supporting Actor

4. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

AR's all the way......I almost thought of selling my rears until I place them differently in my setup......what was I thinking...

5. RISUG

RISUG Stunt Coordinator

Terence,

LOL!!

ChadLB,

What were you thinking indeed.[​IMG] By the way, in our
    last correspondence you mentioned that you would be experimenting with rear speaker placement in the new room that your system was going to be in; specifically the upfiring configuration. I'm fairly certain that the pics on
    your site are current, if so - and judging from the size of
    the room,(being closer to large than small) then the favorable backstage performance you speak of would make sense considering the placement of the rears.

AR Hi-Res forever! [​IMG]

6. ScottGilger

ScottGilger Auditioning

Hello everyone,

I am talking directly to an acoustic research engineer to see if I can get some kind of drawing to having the ar2c center speaker built. I have found a very qualified person in building the cabinet for me. But the engineer is thinking about if he should release the drawings on it, it seems to be sacred or something? If any one can provide me with digital pictures on all sides of the speaker along with the dimensions, I would very much appreciate it. I can draw it up on auto cadd so it can be built exactly the same way as it is built. Also a drawing from anyone on how the inside guts look like. Not to worry about building the exact copy of the ar2c, I litteraly have every part to the speaker except the frame. So if someone can please do a little homework for me, I would be very grateful. Scott

7. RISUG

RISUG Stunt Coordinator

Scott,

The dimensions of the AR2C as per AR's site are:

Dimensions (HxWxD): 8 5/8"" x 19" x 12"

I misplaced my measuring tape roll, thus I'm unable to confirm the "exactness" of those dimensions,; however I did use the AR1's depth (20 inches) as reference to measure
    the AR2C's width and it was a match, so it'd be a save bet
    to add an inch to the height and depth of the cabinet.

Unfortunately I don't own a digital cam, I borrowed the one
    I used last time from my brother-in-law.

P.S.- Talking to an acoustic research engineer?
    - WOW - I'm humbled by your determination. You make me look like I was nonchalant about wanting the AR2C.:b